Chapter 5: All The Things She Said

//Might change the title, not sure yet..

Ash had gotten everything cleared away with her team and Oriel happily packed a night bag for the sleepover at her friends the next day. It seemed like the day took forever as Ellie informed her on the events for the new year and she spent most of the day signing papers as certain subjects were passed on to her now from Nina's reign and there was much more work to be done later on. Eleanor seemed to have a million things planned and her reign had just begun but Oriel wasn't too surprised, and she wasn't going to worry about it either. She was going to chill for the night and bring in the new year with her friends and Ash by her side.

They substituted the limo for a rental car that a royal guard used to drive Oriel and Ash over to Natalie's house. Oriel stepped out with Ash who rang the doorbell for her, standing close by her side. Oriel watched her face, wondering if she was thinking about the last night at the party or perhaps about what the night awaited them. Oriel didn't think too much would happen. Maybe watch a few movies, talks about boys and guys at school, Aster's whereabouts again and maybe a little underage drinking if they could get it past Ash and the many royal guards Natalie too possessed. Ash shifted uncomfortably as the door finally opened and Natalie embraced her friend, squealing as if they didn't just see each other the other night. "Hey! I was wondering how you'd been since the party. I hope your coronation was great, I'm sorry I couldn't make it. My brother got sick and my parents had left for that so, I had to stay." Natalie smiled, releasing Oriel before looking over to Ash. "Oh, hey. Welcome back." She blushed deeply, embarrassed. "Thank you." Ash bowed. "Oh, please don't. I'm not as royal as Oriel. Please come in. Wynter and Luna are here."

Oriel swallowed, following the brunette inside and she grimaced. "Something wrong?" Ash asked, carrying her bag inside. "Wynter's such a bitch." She rattled off. "Oriel, darling!" A redhead called, racing across the living room to meet them. The girl pulled her into a tight hug and Oriel rolled her eyes, hugging back. She stared at Ash, pointing to her. "Hey, Wynnie." She faked a smile. Oriel had been friends with Natalie much longer than Wynter. Wynter was a transfer student from Ireland that showed up in middle school and joined their small group. She was a rich kid which is the only reason she could afford to go to Moonview Academy. Oriel had tried to be friends with her but she was always competing with her for top spot in anything, not to mention she stole guys relentlessly. Oriel had come so close to ripping her throat out several times. Luna was nice though. A quiet girl that was the daughter of a Duchess from Austria, yet she was born in America. She was always so sweet and the peacekeeper of the group. "You looked so beautiful yesterday." She smiled, walking up to hug her tight. "Thank you."

"You must tell us what happened during that attack, are you alright?" Luna asked, leading her into the living room. Oriel took a seat, Twilight was playing on the TV and Oriel grimaced at the fictitious vampire movie before turning back to Luna. "Oh my, an attack?" Natalie asked, walking inside with a bowl of blood red popcorn. Wynter sat down beside them and Oriel felt a bit crowded for once. "Er.. yeah." Oriel began but just then Ash pushed off the wall she was standing against to walk into the living room. "I'm sorry ladies that is confidential information." She glared down at Oriel through her glasses and Oriel sighed. "Yeah, sorry I can't say anything."

"Well that's shit." Natalie said, tossing a few pieces of popcorn into her mouth. "Is that why there's a curfew?"

Ash nodded. "Oh, who are you? What's your name?" Wynter asked, moving closer to Ash and Oriel arched a brow. Ash took a step back.

"She's my bodyguard and she's not authorized to interact with us, she's just my protection." Oriel spoke quickly, eyeing Wynter closely. Wynter stared back, grinning. "Oh, ok."