bonus chapter

a/n: okay, this story is still haunting me, so I've decided to write a bonus chapter just because. it's loosely inspired by the scene "the schmuel song" from the amazing last five years (if you haven't watched it, please check it out!). it's set inbetween the epilogue and the chapter titled "malfoy manor". enjoy!

*

When Astoria got home from the Ministry that night, she was thoroughly soaked. The rain that had been covering London for days was unrelenting, and she couldn't cast a water-repelling charm without looking incredibly suspicious. So she'd used a Muggle contraption - an umbrella - but it had done nothing to shelter her from the wind that made the rain fall almost horizontally. 

Cursing life in general, the woman threw open the door to her apartment and stalked inside, not even noticing the familiar blond head of her boyfriend in the living room until he spoke. 

"Astoria?" 

"Yes?" she snapped, tossing her coat in the general direction of the coatrack and performing a quick drying charm on herself, which did nothing to improve her mood. 

"How was your day?"

"Wonderful," she spat. 

"What do you want for dinner?"

She stared at him, hand on hip. "I don't know. You choose something. I'm exhausted." 

"I will." He paused, staring at her. His lip twitched, and then he said, "My mother invited us over for tea this weekend."

"Good for her," Astoria said, unwinding her scarf and throwing it in the same direction that she'd thrown the coat. 

"I said we'd go." 

"Will your father be there?" 

"Possibly." 

"I'll put on my armor, then."

Silence. Astoria sighed, and added, "Fine, I'll go if you stop talking and let me rest." 

"Whatever you wish, my dear," he said, smirking. 

The woman frowned. "Didn't I tell you to stop talking?" 

"Will you marry me?"

She stared at her boyfriend in shock. "You're asking me this now? Can't you see I'm in a bad mood?" 

He looked taken aback but powered through. "We've been dating for a long time, and even though I can tell you want to murder me right now, I'd like to remind you that you're usually very much in love with me." 

The woman glared at him, "Usually." 

Draco paled. "But maybe now wasn't the right time to ask. I'm sorry." 

"You better be," she snapped. "What kind of proposal was that, anyway?" 

"I thought you didn't like big scenes." 

"No flowers? Nothing?" 

"You hate that kind of stuff," he pointed out reasonably.