Vetri and Mary-Flashback

"Diya.........." Vetri called.

"I'm so sorry Vetri." Diya said.

"Why? For all the things I have said. Dude I know you very well. Do you really think I would freely talk to someone that hates me?" He asked.

"No but..... I compared you with trash..... I'm the try Trash." Diya said.

"Hey, look, I don't need you to feel bad about anything. We joke too much that it got carried away and we ended up with something horrible. Let's just forget this and just be good friends." Vetri said.

"Ya Vetri but....." She Started.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked after a long breath.

"Ya. Anything." He said.

"The first time I saw you, in college. Same class. I thought you looked good and you looked tamil. I was so nervous to ask you cause you know, I seriously did t know how to act. Then I saw amu. She became a great friend to me. I got to know that you guys were childhood besties. I love you Vetri. I tried so hard to stop it, but it never worked. Everyday I'll be like. I need to stop this but I just can't. I finally became a friend to you as well. I actually though you were in love with someone else, but amu kept telling me to tell you. She asked me if she should tell you but I said no. I thought I had the guts to tell you but I didn't all this time. But I'm trying. I really am....."
she said crying.

"Diya.... I.... don't know what.... to tell you... I mean I actually love you too but my past.... it's Reckoning me. I can't like you back.... cause Im not supposed to. I can't forget my past that quickly. You'll leave me when you know how stupid I am." Vetri said.

"No vetri. I won't ever hate you." She said.

"I ruined her life. She was my life. Oh how much I loved her. Her name is Mary." He said as Diya's eyes widen.

Flashback:
Vetri POV

"Vetri?" Siva called me.

"Ennada pannikudu iruka?" He asked pulling my phone. (What are you doing?)

"Kuduna. Anna phone kuduna." I begged.(give it, bro give me my phone back.)

"What is thissssss...." he asked.

"Who is this girl? Why do you have a hundred pic of her?" He asked swiping my phone.

"She is Mary. I love her." He said.

"Vetri!" Siva shouted.

"Mithra Vijayya Love pannrathaye Appavaala thaanga mudila. Ithula Nee veraya?" He asked.  (Dad couldn't even control the thing about vijay and mithra's marriage. You too?)

"No, Anna. I can't live without her." I said.

"Sari Sari. Yetho love panni thola. Wait wait wait!! Ava Christiana?" He asked. (Oh whatever, do whatever you want. Wait a min. Is she Christian?)

"Aama? Yen? Religionla yenna iruku?" He asked. (Ya, what's up with the religion?)

"Aama Aama? Yenna iruka? That's why yepo paaru newsla religion discriminationaala varum fights newsla varuthu?" He asked. (Is that why, there is alway a problem about religion?)

"Well, it's love Na. It only looks at the heart. Nothing else."I said.

"Oh, whatever. Just wait few more days. You're just started college what's the rush." He asked.

"Nothing Na. I'm 18. Dad can't force me." I said.

"What does that gotta do with anything?" He asked

"Just saying the truth." I said.

"I'm a police....." He said.

"So.....?" I asked

"Oh, just forget it. You're never gonna learn." Siva anna said leaving me alone.

————————————————-
Next day- college with Mary.

"Hey Mary, what happened?" I asked when I saw her sitting in the bench deeply thinking.

"I don't think this will work." She said.

"What will work?" I asked.

"Everything. Dude I'm going to U.S. my dad said I'm going next month and that's final. Nothing can be done. I can't tell him I love a guy, especially a Hindu. You know about my dad." She said crying.

"Don't worry, I'll fix it somehow." I said consoling her.

A few weeks later she was in a condition that nobody probably ever was in. All she did was cry cry and cry. Soon the one month came and she had to leave. I promised her I'll come.

When I did, it took me an Year to actually somehow manage my brother and my dad. My dad still thinks I'm here for my studies which he thinks is useless.

So when I did come, I looked for her everywhere. No calls, messages from her. Then she blocked me or something. Then one day I saw her and a guy late at night kissing.

My heart broke into pieces. Not only girls feel these sorrow and betrayal. She betrayed me for a guy who she met here.

Later when she saw me, she came to me and hugged me. I controlled myself and acted as if I'm done with her. I really wasn't. It hurted..... bit by bit. Then soon I forgot about her. Made new friends, attended a college here and ya......

Flashback Ends:

"I'm sorry." Diya said.

"No it's nothing Diya." Vetri said.

"Also, vetri..... I don't know where you got the idea of me hating you but I won't...... I guess it's hard..... forgetting her but.........you can't just be all....... you know..... there are also other things to face in your life......" She said as a tear dropped from her eyes and was bout to turn around.