{5} Dreaming of Riley {Difficult Disposition}

Okay, here it is. Short and sweet. 

The party will be up soon :)

Chapter 5: Difficult Disposition

That was embarrassing. For a moment I had no idea what to do, but then Riley looked over, smiled and said, "Not yet, almost." 

He then flawed it, sending us flying back into our seats.  

"What do you want her to pee in your car? Or are you trying to kill us," I yelled across at him clutching Lillie to my chest with one hand and the cubby hole with my other.  

"Chill," he said, over the roar of the wind and engine.  

"Oh, no," I said, putting my foot down. "Do not tell me to 'chill'. Slow down!" 

He then sighed before finally slowing down, "One," he said, "She'd pee on you... not the seat." 

Wow, thanks so much, Riley!  

"And two, of course I wouldn't try to kill an innocent four year old," he said, shaking his head.  

"Oh and you'd be alright if you just killed me?" I asked, peeved by his stubbornness and disrespect for the fact that I had a four year old sitting on my lap.  

He chuckled. 

"Oh, let me guess. You wouldn't do that cause then you'd die too?" I asked, angrily.  

"Nah, I wouldn't die," he smiled over at me.  

"Why?" I asked. "No, let me guess. It's because you're a vampire, isn't it?" I said rolling my eyes. "Or is it a werewolf?" 

'Ha,' he said, clutching one hand over his heart and the other on the steering wheel. "You know my secret," he said in a whisper before the look of horror turned to one of complete laughter.  

"Eyes on the road," I said, rolling my eyes. I then sighed. What was I doing here? 

"So, do you need a lift to Todd's house?" he asked, thankfully keeping his eyes on the road.  

I looked down into my hands. "Um... yeah, I do, thanks..."  

"Oh, okay cool. I'll pick you up and around half past six?" he asked, looking towards me now.  

"My house is just along this road," I said, pointing in its direction, refusing to meet his eyes, instead I just nodded.

***

I flicked my fringe back with my left hand as I took one last look in the mirror.  

My reflection seemed so lifeless that it was like looking at a white blonde and blue-green eyed zombie.  

I stared back at myself, dressed in black ripped jeans, a plain grey tank-top and my mother's leather jacket.  

I found myself pulling a face at that thought. I felt bad for the poor little animals who'd been brutally murdered in order to create the jacket though. The jacket had been a present for my mother when she'd been touring in Europe. My mother had been a singer. And a bloody good one, but after leaving me at home for most of my life, she cut her career short and soon after was pregnant with Lillie.  

I walked into the kitchen, luckily, Cassandré still wasn't there.  

When Riley had reached my driveway, by the grace of God, I had the house to myself. Not that I let Riley in, the place was still a mess.  

Instead he'd watched from inside his car, as I said goodbye and swiftly closed the door on him, before he could view the ugly mess inside.  

I'd already organized for Lillie to stay over at a friend's, so now I really was home alone. I just managed to gulp down a glass of water before I heard the sound of a car pulling into the driveway. With a smile creeping across my face, I wrenched open the front door, only to come face to face with my father. My smile fell.  

"Oh, Dad, I didn't realize you'd be home so soon," I said, angry to see him, as usual, drunk.  

"Peyton," he drawled, attempting to point his finger at me and failing miserably (he ended up pointing over my shoulder at the door) He licked his lips and then continued, "Do... Do me a favour." He swallowed. "Don't... Don't," he stuttered as he shook his head. 

I just nodded and tried to usher him inside, before the neighbours could spot him.  

"Get inside, please, Dad," I urged, trying to get him inside.  

"Don't touch me!" he shrieked, waving his arms as if to shake me off.  

"Okay, okay," I said with my hands raised in surrender. "I'm not going to touch you, just please get inside." 

"Stop!" he yelled, "Just stop it," he screamed as he wrenched me up against the door by my jacket.  

He was so busy glaring at me that he didn't notice a car pull up behind him. But I did, and not only that, I knew the owner. Riley, he really does have a way of popping up when I really don't want him around.  

He spotted me against the door, his eyes widened in shock. Mine widened also, in irritation.  

He slammed shut the door as he strode over, just as I heard my father whisper, as he gently stroked the leather of my jacket with his thumbs "This was Sarah's..." he trailed, before wrenching himself away from me and ripped open the door, disappearing from sight. The door slammed behind him.  

I starred down at my jacket before moving towards Riley's car and getting into the passenger side.  

Riley slowly followed but I could see that he was fighting to hold his tongue.  

Riley closed the door and started the engine. As we drove he kept shooting me worried glances, which I did my best to ignore. 

I was already ready to get out of the car as soon as we reached Todd's house but as I reached to open the door, Riley grasped onto my other hand.  

"Peyton, about wha-" 

"I don't want to talk about it," I said, cutting him short. I gently shoved him off and practically ran to the front door of Todd's house. I knew where his family kept the keys, in the flower pot, hanging just above the door frame, but there was no need because tonight, the door was left unlocked.  

"Peyton," I heard a chorus of male voices say.  

I lifted one hand in a half-hearted wave, "Hi," 

"Well, you sound excited to see us," Todd teased as he came over and wrapped his arms around my waist.  

"I'm so sorry," I said, rolling my eyes and giving him a light peck on the check. 

"PDA," he teased.  

Again, I rolled my eyes.

You know what to do =) 

XoX