"I'll help." He put on his shoes..

"It's freezing today. You should have a coat."

"I'm fine. We'll be done in a minute."

He watched as she looked around at her home. He had changed nothing, except he brought his own high definition television to replace the out-of-date cathode ray tube that had been there for years. "Nice TV."

Oliver laughed. "I've seen yours. This is nothing." The one he'd seen at the condo was a state of art and huge. This was four years old already.

"That's not mine. It's Lucas' prized possession. Which room is yours?"

"Nana's, that one will always be yours." He smiled at her.

"I'll store all this in my room then. I don't want to clutter your home."

"Just say the word, Beth and I'll look for another place."

"I know, but let's get through the gala first."

Changing the subject, he said, "So David had a great time. He said that he plans to see Caitlyn again."

"Really! Good for her." Beth smirked.

"I need to go. Have fun and Beth."

"Yes."

He paused lost in her eyes for a minute. "It's nice seeing you here where you belong. I never imagined we'd be here together again."

"Me either. Have a good day, Chef."

Oliver was aware all day that Beth was at his house. He had trouble focusing.

"What's wrong with you?" Ava snapped.

"What?"

"I've just said Oliver ten times, and you didn't hear me!"

"Sorry. What did you want?"

"What are the specials? I was going to write them up."

He handed her the specials. "I got some news that you won't like."

"What?" she asked impatiently.

"Guess who's coming to visit with my parents?"

"Not Hayley! She hates me."

"I know and I'm sorry."

"She thought I had my claws into you, but I didn't. Meanwhile, the one who did, Hayley knew nothing about."

"I know she didn't even know Bethany, but Bethany knew about her. It didn't help that Hayley liked the ice cream place where Bethany worked." Oliver shook his head remembering.

Hayley visited one other time that summer and the entire weekend was a disaster. He felt torn between his two girls. Oliver even lied to Hayley about when his shift started, so he could go see Beth. He knew she was having a hard time sharing him. He wanted to choose Beth over Hayley, but it was hard. His relationship with Hayley included his parents and hers. Even if he chose Beth, they'd be in schools three states apart.

Hayley made him take her for ice cream twice that weekend. He knew that Beth purposely screwed up his cone. They would debate which was better sprinkles or none. Beth was trying to convince him that if he ate them, he would realize that he loved them. When she handed him a cone with sprinkles, He said nothing and secretly thought it was funny, but Hayley didn't. She was rude to Beth. Meanwhile, he tried to convince Hayley that it was fine, but she was intent on fighting his battle. To appease her, Beth made him a new cone. He mouthed, "Thank you." As they walked away, he was forced to listen to Hayley complain about Beth. Finally he turned to her. "Enough, it was just a little mistake. You're acting like a..."

"A what?" she asked.

"A bitch."

"You need to come home. This vile place has turned you rude." He packed her off early that Sunday. Then Oliver went home and climbed in bed with Beth. The moment felt right.

"I still can't believe you cheated like that. You were a real slut, Romeo." She teased.

"Thank you, but I'm not anymore." He reminded her.

It was Saturday, and they were completely booked with reservations, he had no choice, but to concentrate. The kitchen was hopping, and the clock jumped from five to ten. Oliver didn't even go into the dining room. At the end of the night everyone was exhausted. When he looked out at ten forty-five, there were still a few stragglers eating.

He grabbed his phone, and texted, Caitlyn is here.

He walked out and greeted Caitlyn.

"Oh Oliver. Look at you looking all chef-like."

He laughed. "I am a chef."

David asked, "Beer?"

"Not tonight. I might pass out if I do."

The cold air hit his face. Bethany had said it was cold in the morning, but it was brutal. He hoped the Arctic air wasn't planning to hang around long. He grabbed a beer from his fridge and looked to see what she had done. She had painted and decorated snowflakes with loads of glitter. He suspected that he would find glitter both at home and the restaurant for months.

She hadn't responded to his text. She was probably sleeping with Lucas or they were... "Man, don't go there," he said out loud.