Chapter 12

Hey! Another update. 2 days in a row. I guess you could say it's everyday bro. That was cringey. I'll go home.

Recap

Louis P.O.V.
It was a pretty successful 'date' I guess you could call it. I really got to know her, and she was beautiful and funny. I had never thought I would fall for anyone over a first date but here I was, head over heels for this girl.

***

Camila's P.O.V.

I kept replaying those words over in my head.
'who's lern?'. I mean, there's no way she forgot about me, right? I thought her and I were friends. I take my phone out, trying to think of a way to respond to that message.

@camila_cabello - it's you. don't you remember me?
@laurenjauregui - I don't understand. Look, I'm sorry but I think one of my friends have pranked you. I don't know you. Please leave me alone.

I looked at the message, trying not to be hurt. I held back the tears. I don't understand why I felt such a connection to someone who lives hundreds of miles away from me. There was just something about her that I felt gravitated towards. And here I was, being pathetic over an internet friend. But I know there's no way that I was pranked, was I? Maybe her friends did prank me.

"Camila!" I heard my father shout.
I went downstairs, tip-toeing. It was 12:00 midnight and my father had just come home. He slammed the door shut, walking inside. My mother was crying.
"Come over here." I started to shake. I was afraid of my father. He abused mum and I since we were young. I don't know why mum never divorced him before it was too late. I approached my father, avoiding eye contact.
"Look at me." He said in a stern voice. I looked at him in the eyes and he raged with anger. He was fuming. I could smell the alcohol in his breath.
"P-please, don't hurt me." My voice began to break. He looked at me, showing no remorse. He laughed. Not in a good way, in a horrible, evil, dreadful way. I hated him!
"Leave mother alone." I said through gritted teeth.
"Camila," My mother began but I looked at her, showing her a face that meant to stay quiet. I knew if mother said anything, it would make it worse.
"What did you say to me, little girl?" He asked and stepped closer.
I stood my ground. "I said leave mother alone!" I yelled in his face. He raised his arm, about to punch me but I dodged it. He stumbled across the floor.
"Come back here right now!" He screamed.

I began to cry. I grabbed my mum's hand and rushed her up the stairs into my room. I grabbed a suitcase and shoved all of my clothes inside.
"Mom, we need to go! Now! We aren't staying here!" I frantically said as she grabbed a suit case and began packing her clothes. I could hear loud, heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. I packed my clothes, a toothbrush, my phone, my charger, my laptop, my passport, and everything that mattered to me. I closed my suitcase just as my father began banging his fist against the door!
"Open the fucking door, Camila!" My father's voice rang in our ears.
"We're not coming back mom." I whispered to her as I opened my bedroom window.
"Open the door before I break it!" My father yelled loudly. Mother and I had tears streaming down our face, but we knew we had to leave. Enough was enough. My father broke down the door and was heaving. He breathed heavily as he tripped over his feet while walking towards us. I finally had got the window to open.
"You have to jump." I told my mother and she stepped on me foot on the window ledge. She held onto my arm for balance. I nodded, signalling for her to jump. She jumped out of there with her suitcase. My dad approached me and I slapped him hard across the face.
"I never want to see you again!" I yelled and jumped out of the window, landing on my feet. I took my mother's hand and we ran towards the car, unlocking it and jumping in. My mother started the engine and stepped on the gas, never looking back.

I knew it was a quick decision, but it had to be made. I would not let father abuse mother and I for any longer. He had been doing it for long enough. 17 years of torture. We had nowhere else to go except the airport. Once we had got there, we booked the next flight to wherever it was going. The flight attendant told us the next flight would be leaving in 30 minutes to Los Angeles, California. We were put on standby and were later told that there were extra seats. We took the offer and went through security. We took our seats on the plane and we were off to sunny Los Angeles. Goodbye Havana. I watched as the plane took off as I fell asleep on my mother's shoulder.

***

An hour later, I woke up just as the plane was landing. I looked out the window and here we were. My mother was already awake. We exited the airplane and stepped onto the ground. It all felt so different. I called a taxi and we took the taxi to the nearest hotel to stay for the night.

This chapter was all in Camila's perspective so I hoped you liked it! Pretty dramatic, I know but I really enjoyed writing it so hopefully you enjoyed reading! Don't forget, if you wanna be added to the story comment your favourite food on chapter 11! I'll be selecting some people to be added as Camila's new friends. Love yaaaa! I might also update tomorrow so be sure to look out for that. xo