Chapter 2 - Nicknames

Lauren's POV

After talking with this girl named Camila, I text my friend, Ally. I didn't have anything to do so I mean, why not right?

Lauren - Hey, wanna meet up? There's this new cafe. I hear it's really good

Ally - Sure, what's the address i'll be there in about 30 minutes I need to finish up some homework

Lauren - Seriously Ally? You've been working on it for an hour now

Ally - Because I care about my grades

Lauren - Whatever, just meet me there okay it's called the Groovy Cafe

Ally - Alright

I lock my phone and then walk downstairs, putting on some runners and grab my purse before leaving. I walk out and shut the door behind me. The warm Los Angeles air blows a slight breeze in my face as I walk down the sidewalk. The cafe is nowhere near far and I reach it in about 5 minutes. I walk inside and it's a small, cute, and cozy cafe. I sit down and wait for Ally to arrive. After about 10 minutes of sitting and waiting, I become impatient and begin tapping my foot on the ground. Right when I was ready to text her I see her walk in and I snap my head up. She smiles at me and takes a seat across from myself. I smile back and get up to order our coffee. I walk to the cashier and ask her for two regular coffee. I pay since it was my little treat and then sit down again as I wait. For a new cafe, this place was quite busy.

"So, Lauren. How was your day?" Ally smiles brightly. Ally was always happy and cheerful.

"I mean, it wasn't good... but it wasn't horrible either." I shrug and Ally nods.

"That's always good." Ally laughs. "Anyways, I finally finished my science project and I made a new friend today, her name is Dinah she's in my English class and she's new in school." Ally says and I listen.

After a couple minutes of talking, our coffee is served and I look up and smile. "Thanks." I stand up and bring some cream and sugar for Ally and I. I pour in the cream and sugar, mixing it. I wait for it to cool down a little before taking a sip. I wasn't a huge fan of coffee but this was pretty good, there was nothing special about it, like it was just your normal coffee with cream and sugar but this actually tasted somewhat not bad. I can now understand why this place was quite busy. "The coffee is amazing here." Ally says while taking another sip. Well, I wouldn't say amazing but it was pretty good. We talk about stupid things but they were entertaining. After we finish our coffee, I invite Ally over for a sleepover since I wanted to have a little girls night. Ally invited her friend Dinah since it wouldn't be much fun with only two people and apparently they had nicknames for each other, Dinah was "Biggie" and Ally was "small". So they were like a little two person friendship called "Biggie small". When Dinah arrived, Ally obviously wanted to watch Disney movies and so here we are, in my living room watching Disney movies.

I feel my phone buzz and I look at it. I unlock it and I had one new DM on Instagram. I tap it and Dinah and Ally are still watching the movie. Camila had messaged me on Instagram. I was a little confused but I just read the message. It literally just said 'hi". Okay, so Camila just DMed me to say two letters. Camila is quite an odd one, but something told me that she was a cute kind of odd. I reply with the same message and then obviously asked why she had DMed me in the first place.

Camila - well I was bored... And I'm back

Lauren - okay... Then, what are you up to

Camila - watching Disney movies with my friend Normani and my little sister named Sofia

Lauren - no way me too

Camila - yes way!

We ended up talking for basically the rest of the movie without even knowing that so much time was passing.

Lauren - you're so pretty camz...

Camila - camz? that's cute... and you are so beautiful, lern. don't even try and tell yourself you aren't

Lauren - lern? that's cute... ahhaha and oh my goodness we are going to be fighting about who is more beautiful for hours now...

I smiled at my phone. I didn't even notice that we were already finished the second Disney movie until Ally started crying. Ally always cries near the end at the sad part in the movie Home.

Lauren - my friend is crying because she's watching the movie home help

Camila - oh my gosh hahahahaha !

Lauren - she's getting annoying she's been crying for like five minutes now though and keeps whining about how it's so sad when it's not even a real movie

Camila - that's hilarious

Lauren - more like annoying

***

Ally steps in front of me with her arms crossed and I look up at her. "May I help you?" I say and look up from my phone. "Okay, what's your deal? You didn't watch any of the movies because you've been smiling and giggling at your phone the entire time!" Ally puts her hands on her hips while Dinah is scavenging the kitchen for snacks. "Who are you talking to anyways? Is it a cute boy?" Ally asks and snatches my phone from me, running away after. I groan and run after her. "You can't just take my phone without asking! Ally don't you dare! Get back here!" I pick up my speed and grab my phone back and run all the way upstairs into my room. We end up fighting over it until Dinah finds us and breaks it up. I take my phone back and lock it so nobody could see who I was talking to. I glare at Ally and Dinah just rolls her eyes. Dinah and Ally exchange looks and smirk before both of them try to grab my phone now. I try and get it back but they have it now. Well, they didn't know my passcode anyways. They scurry off and I just take a rest on the couch.

***

About 20 minutes later, Ally comes back with Dinah and my phone. "Who's Camila? We read the entire conversation."

OOOOHHH SNAP ALLY AND DINAH KNOW ABOUT CAMILA! & Yay! Two updates in one day and it was 1000+ words :)