3)

Thinking to myself, did I make the right decision? My voice was meant to disappear but why did I let it out? I need to keep quiet at all cost. It won't bring out anything good if I don't stay quiet. No one needs my voice anyway. No one ever did. I was told to remain silence. I did but why did I break it? 

Laying my head down on the desk beside of the mic, I sigh and think about what's going to happen once someone finds out. I'll be bullied again. 'Dad's going to kill me.' I thought to myself. If he knows that I recorded my voice, he's going to kill me. Shaking off the thoughts, I grab my bag, turned everything off and check the time. Right on time. Walking out of the music room, more like studio, I was taken by surprised. Han Jisung was standing on the side, arms crossed, a calm expression on his face. This is it, I'm going to die. 

About to make a run for it, I was pulled back by him, spinning me around to face him, he smiles to me, "That's was beautiful. You have a nice voice, so why hide it?" He tilt his head. I wouldn't be lying but he was good looking then again, no. I back away from him. He notice the odd feeling I'm giving off and chuckles. Rubbing the back of his neck nervously, he came closer to me. "I heard from Chan that you're a mute, am I right?" He ask me quietly. I look down to my feet and nodded my head. "But you sang just now. How is it possible for a...mute." His last word came out quietly and sympathetic. Taking out my notebook, I quickly wrote something to him as he waited for me to answer him. "I don't need you're pity. I have my own story and so do you." After he read it, he looks at me in surprise. A apologetic look shown in his eyes. I just return a small smile. Why try when people are just going to judge you?

***

Apparently, school didn't know how to end fast. Surprisingly, for the first time I found out that me and Jisung had a class together and it's the last period for the day. Ignoring him, I drew in my notebook. I didn't notice him watching me until I look behind me. He grin but I roll my eyes. I don't need anyone getting involve in my life. They're all bound to leave in the end so why stay? 

Class ended after an hour and I walk out of the classroom, trying as hard as I can to avoid him. Walking out of the building, I was ambushed, more like trapped. The rest of his friends were all at the gate already waiting for him. Then he came out running to catch up to me. Grabbing my wrist with that same smile he has on everyday, "May we walk you home?" He ask me. Then he leans in to whisper to me, "I haven't told anyone about your singing." He wink and I nodded. Turning on my heel to walk away again but with him following me this time. 

Together we all walk together. Everyone of them were screaming and laughing. I couldn't help but feel envy of them. They all seems to have it going well with nothing to worry about in their lives. This feeling triggers me every time but I've gotten used to this empty feeling already. Jisung notice my expression and quickly start a conversation with me. "So, how's school?" I just shrug my shoulder not wanting to talk. He didn't seem to care if I felt like talking though. Taking my hand without me realizing fast he yelled out loud to the others. "Hey guys, I'll be taking Y/N to the store to go get some things. You guys go on ahead!" I was confused. He turn back to me "Let's go!" 

---

Walking together, it was complete silence between us. Of course I couldn't talk. We stopped by a convenience store and bought two drinks and a few snacks to chew on our way home. He paid for me, I couldn't insist since I couldn't mutter out a word to protest. He finds it amusing to be honest. "I'm still very surprised about your voice. Can you sing again for me?" He grin like a kid, jumping up and down begging for me to do it again. I didn't. "I can't." I wrote down to him. He pouted and gave in. He hand me his phone and I raise an eyebrow. "Give me your number therefore we can stay in contact. Either way you can't talk with your voice box then how about text me instead? I think texting is easier than writing." He chuckles nervously. I nodded, typing in my number for him. He did the same with mine. "Thanks Y/N. If you need help you can just ask me anytime." He said extending out his hand for me to take. I hesitate at first but then I took it anyway. His smile grew bigger. "Let's get you home. I'll tell you something's about me. While we walk." He suggested and I went along with his idea. 

We talked for a while until it's time for me to leave. He had an older brother who he admires. His dream is anything to do with music. Mostly he wants to be a composer or an idol. Hearing him talks about his dreams makes me smile. I'm so envious of him. He has a voice that can be heard. He has a talent that everyone likes. He has a dream that he wants to achieve. I can't seem to do anything. 

Stopping in front of my house, I turn around and bid him goodbye with a bow. He chuckles at me. "Well goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow." he waved to me and I nodded my head. Waiting until his figure was gone, I finally take in a deep breath and step inside.

---

"Who told you that you could leave this morning?" My step mom said, hitting me. I didn't say a word. My step sister was also just smirking on the other side. "Forget it, I'm also going to be moving your little sister to your school but that doesn't mean that you won't do as she say." She said sternly. My arm was bruised. Suddenly, the front door open and my father came in from work. Quickly my step mom pushed me aside and make her way to him, leaving me and my step sister. "Honey, you're home. Come and eat we were just waiting for you." She smiles. I got up ready to leave to my room but then my dad spoke up stopping me from walking away. "Have you eaten?" He ask me. I nodded my head. I lied. I don't ever get to eat in peace anyway. 

Lying on my bed with my room door locked, I sigh and let a tear slide down my face. I want to leave. Starting tomorrow, it'll be another living hell for me. She's gonna be at my school too. Covering my eyes with my arm I took in a deep breath. Then my phone went off. I glance at it. "Do you want to hang out tomorrow after school?" Chan texted me. I texted back with an 'okay' I don't even wanna stay home. Rolling onto my side I turn off my lamp and went to sleep. I'll just shower tomorrow morning. Which means I'll have to wake up extra early if I want to get out fast without getting hurt.

---

YOLO! They so mean!

Now her little step sister is going to go to school with her. I hope nothing goes wrong.

Why does this remind me of Cinderella though? YEHET!