Chapter 1 | ✤✤

Mulai dari awal

I got sucked into my thoughts of different scenarios playing through my head. I kept my head down as I let my mind get to me.

Then, I snapped out of it when I quickly bumped shoulders with someone walking past us.

I caught a quick glimpse of that person, but before I could say sorry, MinMin Oppa pulled me towards the direction that we were headed, and I looked straight ahead, not completely focused on the person's face as I was pulled away. Their eyes were the only feature that I could catch in time.

Those eyes. Those kind eyes seemed familiar. Almost like Jin-- Jinhee! You will never see him again, just face it. It's just another person with kind eyes. Gosh, I'm so nervous that I keep expecting that I'll meet Jin... I cleared those thoughts from my head.

When all my focus was finally gathered, my brother and I arrived at what seemed to be the school office. We stopped walking in front of a large desk, where papers were splayed across the wooden surface, uncapped pens strewn everywhere.

The woman sitting there noticed us and asked, "How can I help you children?"

"I'm here for Kim Jinhee's schedule," my brother said politely with a small smile, while I stood next to him blankly.

The office lady got a paper from a desk and looked at it, then finally gave it to me. I accepted the paper politely and we left, bowing 90°.

"What's your first class, JinJin?" MinMin Oppa asked as we were standing outside of the office door.

"English with Ms. Kwon." I read.

Yes, English!

MinMin Oppa brought me to a door after having a small pep talk.

"Listen, Oppa's always here for you no matter what happens, okay?" he said with a comforting smile.

"Yes, you always are." I smiled back. "Bye Oppa!"

He ruffled my hair and walked to his class.

I fixed my hair quickly, taking a deep breath and opened the door to my class slowly, my heart racing with anticipation and worry.

The class was currently talking to their friends as the bell hasn't rung yet. I quietly walked in and the teacher noticed me. She acknowledged me with a kind nod, and I went over to introduce myself to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Jinhee..." I politely introduced myself quietly while bowing to the teacher.

"Welcome, Jinhee. I'm Ms. Kwon, your English teacher. Do you know how to speak English already?"

"Yes, I know English since I studied abroad for a couple of years," I said while fiddling with my fingers.

She smiled at me, and before she could say more, the bell rang out to signal that class had began. She ushered me to the front of the class, and told the students to quiet down as she had an announcement.

The class quickly quieted down and focused their attention on Ms. Kwon.

"Class, we have a new student and I want you to make her feel welcome, okay?"

The class nodded quietly, not making a peep.

"Why don't you introduce yourself, Jinhee?" Ms. Kwon asked, and I just nodded.

I looked at the class as they all shifted their attention to me. I felt myself heating up and getting nervous.

"A-annyeongh-haseyo I'm K-Kim Jinhee, please t-take care of m-me," I stuttered in embarrassment, bowing my head.