Chapter 1 | ✤✤

·Jinhee POV·

I gazed out the window to the once-familiar area with mixed emotions.

But I'm back, aren't I? Just like I promised.

Wasn't I supposed to feel the positive emotions instead of the negative ones? Negative thoughts clouded my mind as I zoned out, not knowing what to do.

Coming back to South Korea was all I ever wished for when I had the chance, and after so many years, I was finally back home. And yet I don't understand myself right now. A part of me is so happy that I could cry tears of joy right now. Another part of me is really nervous for something, but I couldn't really figure out what that something was.

Shaking those strange thoughts away, I looked down in my hands to see a drawing that I considered my lucky charm.

It was the two flowers, hastily drawn in crayon on the lined piece of paper, staring up at me and giving me comfort. It would always be an imprint of what we had. Our friendship, that had existed so long ago, before we had to part ways, our leaves parting from each other.

I hugged it to my chest lightly not wanting the already crumpled paper to get crumpled even more. Then, the realization hit me on why I was feeling so strange.

Kim Seokjin. That's what I'm nervous about.

How I missed his scent, laugh, dad jokes and just his presence in general. He's probably already gone doing what he loves, forgetting me and our friendship.

I wouldn't blame him.

Who wants to hang out with me?

I bet he hung out with me out of pity since I was so lonely.

I sighed and focused my attention back out the window. The car suddenly stopped in front of a huge building.

Hei-Ran High School.

Holy poop nuggets, I'm not ready.

"C'mon JinJin, it's time to go," my brother called out to me as he exited the car.

I stepped out the car, quickly going beside MinMin Oppa.

(Your older brother is Xiumin of EXO)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I'm scared Oppa... What if they don't like me?" I whispered to him, while walking to the entrance of the school.

"Aish, don't think like that. I'm sure everyone will love a cutie like you," he replied while gently squishing my cheeks.

I smiled and my confidence boosted to the sky.

Yeah, who cares if they don't like me. Haters gonna hate.

When we walked inside the school, all of the noise dropped down in a matter of seconds as everyone noticed us walking through the hallway. I could feel everybody's eyes on us. It made my confidence hit rock-bottom, and made me look down in embarrassment.