“Gina!” A shout from inside called out. The maid that stood before me paled. “We’ve got a new trace! Imogen managed to link the DNA from Rose’s hair to the blood! She’s currently not physically active, but her spirit is somewhere else.”

I’d already lost her at the mention of ‘Rose’. I barged into the room, only to find three other girls, their hands linked, sitting around a bubbling cauldron. An image of Rose began appearing in the cauldron.

“What the hell is going on?” I breathed out shakily as I saw the things lying on the ground. The dress that Rose had worn for the royal ball was there, as well as a pair of heels, a few strands of hair and a bottle of blood.

At the sight of me, the maids released their hands, their face fearful of what that was to happen next.

“P-prince Demetri,” One of them said nervously. “We were just-”

I held up one hand, my eyes still glued to Rose in the image. Her eyes which were once lively were now dull and lifeless, and cold. Her blond hair was up in a high ponytail. In her hand was a sword, slick with traces and splotches of blood.

“Where is she?” I asked, hurrying over to them. They shared a look, as if to say ‘what?’ I scowled impatiently. “Quick!”

“We don’t know, your highness,” One of them piped up. “She’s joined the dark Xlinx, for sure.”

“So she is a Xlinx,” I muttered. “But what happened?”

“She’s making her first blood sacrifice,” A whisper said from behind me. I turned around only to see Cranelia, a grim look on her face. “She’s killing someone, and she’s going to be baptized by his blood.”

My heart literally froze. For a few seconds, I wasn’t breathing.

“Rose…” my voice broke.

“As cheesy as this sounds, you only realized that you loved her, when she’s gone. And this time, she isn’t just gone. She’s gone for good.”

“She can’t… can’t she come back?” I asked, my heart panging in pain.

“She’s never going to come back, Demetri. You’ve made a choice. You let her go. Now she’s never going to be yours again.” Cranelia said heatedly.

“Can’t she become good again?” I asked again.

“No,” Cranelia muttered and dipped one finger in the cauldron. The image shifted, and this time, Rose had a determined face on, in an attacking position. “Well, that is until she kills every single person that had ever wronged her. And after that…”

“What?” I asked, my voice hoarse. Cranelia looked over at me. Anything to make Rose good again.

“When a dark Xlinx successfully gets all the revenge he or she wants… well, then he’s up for a new mission.” Cranelia said. My heart pounded with anticipation at the suspense. “A mission that the Dark have been trying to succeed for long, but with no luck completed it…

“A mission to slay all good Xlinx, and take the vampire throne.”

Rosemarie’s Point of View

My breathing was coming in short pants, my eyes wide in guilt and terror was I saw how much blood was dripping down from the opening. My sight blurred slightly as I took a step back and dropped the knife. The sound of it rattling against the ground echoed through the whole room.

Enoch’s laugh sounded. “My,” It said, “Would you take a look at that… Rose….”

I stared at the dead, lifeless body of my step-father. Flashbacks of how he had abused me flashed in my mind. Sure, he deserved to be punished…

…but not like this, surely?

You’re bad, remember, a hushed whisper reminded me in my head.

I shut my eyes and sucked in a deep breath.

Now, to baptize you…” Enoch muttered. The monster arrived behind me with a black capsule. He took a few drops of blood from the dead body, and came over to me.  “Oh, in the name of the founder of the dark, Jacob, my father, and in the name of I, Enoch… I call to the guardians from the east, west, north and south of the world, that they may rise and bless this girl that stands before me. Earth she may be, or the underworld, you see. The sky is bold, and it let us sees how she holds.”

“In my name I make this girl. From now on, you will be Rosea Smith. No longer are you Rosemarie…”

A bolt of electricity spiraled up my spine. I cried out in pain and I dropped to the floor. I suddenly felt an energy forming inside of me, in my heart. My world spun, and then, suddenly, it stopped.

“Stand, dear Rosea,” Enoch muttered to me. I stood up and I felt the black rose pendant that hung between my collarbones. A new aura of energy shot against my skin as my hands collided with the cold obsidian pendant. “You feel that? That is your energy. We will now leave you alone in this hall… well, with your blood sacrifice, of course. We will come back in an hour. During this time, you may find deep within yourself, in your energy, of which kind you are. The earth, the sky or the underworld? I will see you later…”

With a strong gust of air, I was left to ponder in silence. Tears brimmed my eyes, and I furiously swept them away.

I was dark now. I don’t cry.

Rosemarie cried. Rosea didn’t.

But…

I looked over to my dead step-father. I shakily touched his heart, where I had stabbed.

Heal, I thought silently.

Narrative Point of View

Rosea’s time was up. Enoch and the monster both made their way inside.

“Have you found the field that you are successful in?” The monster’s hoarse voice asked.

Rosea bit her lip nervously. “Um…”

“It’s fine,” Enoch boomed, “many do not know of their powers at first. Maybe during your training we will find out.”

“Where is your step-father, though?” The monster asked. Rosea paled instantly.

“I-I dunno. I thought something about burying him, and then he just disappeared.

“Hm,” Enoch muttered, “maybe you’re an underworld or earth type of girl.”

“Maybe,” Rosea said quietly. The monster took her hand.

“Come on, let us bring you to your residence. Surely you are tired after such a long week of almost getting beheaded, and then giving your first nightmare and killing your step-dad and no sleeping.” The monster muttered.

Week? Rosea thought it was only a day, but she didn’t have the energy to argue. After her spell on her step-father, she had been incredibly tired. She bet that she could’ve fell asleep then and there if it wasn’t for the monster’s slimy touch.

As Rosea went to sleep, the monster and Enoch talked about her powers.

“Maybe the step-dad is just buried under the ground. That would be earth,” The monster offered.

“Or, he could be in the underworld.” Enoch mumbled. “We will have to find out ourselves.”

“Yes,” The monster mused.

But little did they knew that at 12 that night at Rose’s old home, a bloody and wide-eyed 45-year old stumbled into the house.