THE BATTLE-Chpt.41(I)

Ok y'all don't kill me. Ya girl was going through some reallllll shít.  It took me this long to overcome my writers block along with other personal incidents that took place. However, I still made it through and I am ready to write again. I AM BACK! I apologize for keeping you all waiting and I thank you all for getting this book to 5 MILLION READS!!!! Definitely fueled my motivation to get this book done and to continue working on other drafts I have. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. ❤️

•••••••••••

ON THE WAY-RAYNE

Today was the day. My pack is ready, our weaponry was fully equipped and ready to go. Today was the day I would get my
Mate back, and finally put down Jason Archaelis.

Once and for all.

After getting word from one of my spies that was implanted in Jason's territory, we finally got a definite location of Jason's base.

It was a given that his tyranny was never going to end and at some point my pack would defeat his, but him taking Ashlyn away from me was the final straw. Since he had the audacity to take her away from me...there's no telling what else he has planned.

Even though we were ready to tear his pack down wolf by wolf, the council and I still couldn't figure out the exact reason why he took Ashlyn instead of just killing me when he executed his ambush days before. Killing me would've been more beneficial to him. He could've taken over my pack and territory as a result.

He could've done it just to provoke me and have some leverage...but his attack was too calculated. He knew everything as if he'd being watching us, planning three steps ahead. The conference and the ambush weren't a result of Ashlyn and I being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

What the hell is the bastard planning?

While training and preparing the pack for dispatch, Marcus and I along with the help of my Beta and father tried to come up with possible explanations.

"We're almost there." Marcus said to me while cleaning off his weapon. He insisted coming along with his only goal being to save his daughter. It was customized to expel enough rounds of Wolfsbane laced bullets to put even an Alpha down.

"Ella and Kevin are with you Marcus, the three of you know to take the secret route according to our plan." I said, reading through the strategy points on our custom map of Jason's territory(also thanks to spies). He and I continued to rehearse our plan, along with our Plan B if the original doesn't go well. Although we were confident, it would be too dangerous not to consider the risks.

"There's no doubt that this will all go according to plan. However, if worse comes to worse...I'm not leaving here without my daughter. She's all I got, Michaelson. I'm saying this now to let you know that...I'm ready to die today if it means that she can be free and come home." He turned to face me, eyes darkened with iron intent. I understood where he was coming from. It wasn't my place to tell him that he shouldn't put everything on the line for Ashlyn. I was in the same mindset as his, however....we couldn't die today.

Ashlyn needs me. She needs us, both.

"I understand. However, you need to be careful and do everything you can to survive. If you die, Ashlyn won't forgive herself and will suffer more than I believe she is now. We're bringing her home, together." He stayed silent, looking away as he continued to assemble his weapon. I mind linked Ella, worried that Marcus may turn our rescue into a suicide mission.