chpt. 9

***Max Irons as Nathan

The after party was when things got started. Ella had my favorite DJ come in and get the party started while Rayne and I socialized with the pack members.

"I want to introduce you to someone." he said taking my hand and leading me further into the crowd. We approached a tall, dark haired guy with warm brown eyes with a gorgeous petite woman at his side. She had brown curly hair, green eyes, and caramel skin.

"This is my best friend Nathan and his mate Cassidy," They both bowed their heads towards us. Nathan reached over to give Rayne a huge manhug. I smiled at them, thinking about what Rayne has told me about him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Rayne here talks about you all the time now I know why" he said smiling.

"I agree, you are absolutely stunning!" Cassidy said shaking her head in disbelief.

"No please, the pleasure is mine. It's nice to meet you both." I said as I felt my cheeks heat up.

Rayne told me all about his childhood and how he and Nathan have been friends since they were pups. He told me how he's the one who made it possible for Nathan to meet Cassidy after saving her from Jason's prisons were he held many of the pack members hostage. Cassidy was to be executed along with 5 others, Rayne and Nathan were there in the nick of time to set them free. From that day, Nathan doesn't let her out his sight because he's afraid of almost losing her again.

Rayne plans on making him Beta once it's time for us to take over the pack. We talked with Nathan and Cassidy for a while until Rayne decided to take me away from the party to a clearing in the woods.

"What are you doing?" I asked cluelessly as we walked further into the woods, branches whipped across me in the process.

"What I wanted to do ever since I saw you in that dress." He said while crashing his lips onto mine.

I responded immediately and worked my fingers into his hair. He ran his hand along my thigh and gripped it. Goodness I didn't realize how much I wanted him to touch me like this, I was so focused on getting the ceremony done. Now that we were alone, I just wanted to do things that only we could speak of. I ran my hands along the front of his pants and he groaned while biting my lip. I was being driven by pure instinct.

He slipped his hand underneath my dress and was surprised that I was wearing a thong. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I hate pantylines." I replied. He smirked and placed expert strokes all over my core. I moaned as his touch left me wanting him to go further. It hasn't been 24 hours yet and I wanted him to take me right here in the woods. This boy knew what to do and I wanted more.

"You're wet for me, i'm flattered" he said while placing my hand on his front with a smirk. He was fully aroused.

"You want me just as much as I want you babe, now i'm flattered" I left love marks all around his neck.

Reality broke us apart when Rayne got a mindlink from his father, calling us both back to the party. I groaned, I didn't want our little rendevous to be over.

"Awe are you frustrated babe? This is far from over." He whispered into my ear. I shivered at his warm breath fanning over my neck. It was like a promise that we were going to finish what we started. I had no issue with that, I wanted him everyway that I could have him and he made that clear to me when we first meet.

Now I knew what he meant exactly by everyway. I wanted him as a friend, a lover, anyway that would that would let me be with him. My feelings for Rayne were growing rapidly and at first I couldn't process them but now? I was falling for him so hard and so quick. We were Mates, it's impossible not to.

"Ash, what's on your mind? You can't lie I can feel your anxiety through the blood bond now." he said keeping me in place. I sighed.

"I figured out what you meant when you said you wanted to know me in everyway. I want it too, the need to be around you, touch you, and feel you...I just want you." I said looking into his eyes.

"You make it impossible to be away from you, you are my weakness. You already have me we're mates. " He said with passion burning in his eyes. Before I could reply, he received another mindlink.

"My dad wants us back now." He said sighing in frustration.

I nodded as we straightened out our clothes and made our way back to the party. The walk back was silent. It was clear that we both were processing what was exchanged during our conversation in the back. It was clear that we both had feelings for each other but how deep were they? Was he falling for me too? I'm not sure if I'd get the chance to seek the answers to those questions tonight by the serious look on his face.

We made it to the office and inside was Alpha Jackson... along with Connor, Ella's mate. I immediately knew something was up because he's not supposed to be here, he's supposed to be at the Oscala military base. I looked between all three men.

"Is anyone going to fill me in on what's going here?" They all had serious expressions on their face. Alpha Jackson spoke up first.

"Jason launched an attack on our Oscala base, Connor had to evacuate because he was sorely outnumbered due to the fact that some of our own were taken prisoner," He looked like his wolf was about to take over because his eyes flashed gold briefly.

"He's a threat. We have to get rid of threats to our pack all costs." Rayne added. I contemplated the meaning of all this then it finally made sense.

"You're going to kill him then?" They all nodded.

"We're not going to kill him. We're going to crush him. " Alpha Jackson said in an alarming tone.

"And his army too. All 175 of them." Rayne added, I swallowed hard. Thinking about all the blood and gore made my stomach churn.

We have to get rid of threats to our pack at all costs. I remembered. I couldn't help but feel sick that the cost was 175 lives. This is your pack now, they are your family. Blood is thicker than water. My subconscious reminded me. Since i'm going to lead this pack one day, I'd have to learn to toughen up or else I wouldn't last another day.

---------

Stay tuned guys! Vote, comment etc❤️!

Ash