Chapter 20 - The fight

He nodded and stood up, going to the other two. 

I looked to Newt and suddenly Thomas came over, 

"Hey Newt, (Y/n), let's getyou up." Thomas helped Newt stand up but he almost fell over. "Thomas... I don'tthink I can get up." I told him.

 "Gally, help (Y/n) up." Gally got up andhelped me up, I lost my grip and almost fell if it wasn't for him.

 I couldsorta walk. We started to move, and before we know it, the wall near us, explodesinto fire.

 We made it to some more cover and heard police sirens.

 I started tocough slightly and basically war broke out, Thomas held me down and we had tomove. 

We moved into a building and there was fire outside. 

I had even moretrouble breathing now and black veins were slowly but surely making its way tomy eyes. 

Minho had to carry me as Tommy carried Newt.

 I looked over to Newtbreathing heavily as we speed walked. 

We had to stop when an explosion was infront of us and so we went to the floor. 

"Just leave us..." I told them, weakly. 

We heard the ship and looked up to see it. 

I gripped Newt's hand, my mouth fullof black liquid. 

It was happening, I was dying. 

The others tried to pick me upbut I stopped them, "Just leave-" I cut myself off as I threw up the blackblood is what I'm guessing. 

Thomas wanted Minho and Gally to run and get theserum. 

But I knew we wouldn't last that long. I grabbed Minho and Gally, 

"Thankyou... for being my friends...." I told them, Minho gave me a hug and tried to reassureme. 

"You're gonna make it." 

Newt said thank you as well. They took off and Itried to not let them go. 

But they did anyway. I looked into the fire,coughing, allowing the virus to slowly take over. 

I became angry, allowingThomas to send away two people just to save us when we didn't want to be saved. 

My hearing became deaf.

 I felt someone shake me and I saw it was Thomas. 

"Let'sget you two up. Come on."

 He told us. Helping us both up. 

"No. Thomas. No.Ughhh!"

 Newt pulled off a necklace and told him to take it.

 I reached to myneck, and pulled out Alby's necklace with my note attached. 

I passed it to him.but he didn't want to take it. 

"Take it THOMAS!" I yelled, growling. 

I wastrying to stay in control, breathe and not kill someone. 

"Please. Please, Tommy.Please..." Newt pleaded, weakly, as he gave Thomas the necklaces. 

"I want you both to give me whatever strength you got,alright? Let's go."

 Thomas helped Newt up as I helped myself up, then Tommyhelped me walk. With him and Newt. We made out to a wide area when suddenly Icollapsed. 

"N-Newt......" I fell onto my stomach, throwing up, and then the weakbreathing came. 

I passed out, for a few minutes, I woke up. 

Energy filled, anger from everything and anything. 

I stood up, and watched Newtrun at Thomas. 

I growled, running over to help Newt. I was thrown to the floorbut quickly recovered, running tackling Thomas. 

I got onto my knees and hands,coughing, regaining control for a short time. 

"Tom... I'm sorry. I can't-" Igrowled as I launched myself at him again. 

I continuously tried to bite him,but he kicked me off and Newt went in. 

I regained again. I looked at my handsand saw black veins. I watched as Newt put a gun to his head. But Thomasknocked it away. 

I heard Newt screech and I ran to the gun but Thomas tackledme. 

I was on top of him and I grabbed my knife. I regained myself and pushedmyself away from him. I aimed the knife at myself but Newt kicked it, his virusside wanting me to kill Thomas with him. Newt raised the knife and brought itdown to Thomas' chest, Thomas wasn't strong enough to be able to fight both ofus.

 It dug in slightly before Thomas kicked Newt away. 

I immediately went forthe knife but Newt still had it. Newt swung and slashed at Thomas who dodgedthem all, until the last one.

 The last swing was when Thomas had pushed it intoNewt's chest, blood pouring out slowly.

 I screeched, immediately regaining myself.

 "NEWT!!!" I screamed,I rushed over to him as he fell to the floor. 

He smiled weakly at me andgripped my hand one last time. "Newt......" he closed his eyes and his griploosened, til it wasn't even holding on.

 I felt anger fill my being.

 I turnedto Thomas and screeched.

 I tackled him, whilst he was still surprised and sawmy knife, I ran to it and saw Brenda. In her hand was the serum. I screeched ather, black blood being coughed out of my mouth. My grip on the knife tightenedand I said one sentence. 

"Don't... you dare save me... I want to die... Tommy, here..."

 I threw the knife towards him, he looked at me and I looked at Brenda oncemore. 

"Brenda... don't look..." I felt the virus taking over once more and I lookeddown, I fell to my knees coughing and saw Brenda look away.

 I lost my controland I stood up, running towards Thomas, wanting the knife very badly.

 I grippedit from him and we fought for it. I screeched and went to bite his shoulderwhen he punched me in the head.

 I fell to the floor and gripped the knife, Islashed at him multiple times and he looked me in the eye, regret in them. 

Hegripped my hand and forced it into my own chest. 

"Thanks... Tom...m...y...."

 I fell tothe floor, next to Newt and reached for his hand as my vision and Hearing wentaway. 

I looked into the night sky. 

Passing away.