Chapter 7 - Another girl? Or is she dead?

I ran to the box, making it there first. I opened the grate door and Gally opened the other, Newt jumped down though."Newt, what do you see?"

"It's another girl." I jumped down and saw her still body. Her face, black hair, pale skin. "I think she's dead." Newt told them, looking at me.

"What's in her hand?" I reached down and grabbed the paper.

"She's the last one EVER" I said aloud. "What the hell does that mean?" Newt asked, suddenly the girl awoke, gasping for breathe as she sat up, "Thomas..." her eyes fluttered as she fell unconscious again.

We all looked up at Thomas. "You still think I'm overreacting?" we went to the med-jack place, where the girl was.

We passed Alby's room, "Newt... I'm gonna stay with Alby." He nodded before telling me, "Don't get too close to him, he might hurt you." I nodded backand went to Alby who was restrained on the bed, breathing heavily and quickly.

I sat down and looked at Alby, "(Y/n)... let me outta here." "Alby... you know I can't. You might hurt someone. Or me..." he looked at me with sad eyes.

"Alby..." Iplaced my hand near his, he reached for mine and grabbed it gently. I looked down, "You'll get through this, Alby. Just like you normally do."

I pulled my hand away, and told him, "I gotta go, help Newt run things." He let me go and Iwent to Newt, who was in a group gathering with, himself, Thomas, Minho, Winston, Zart, Fry, Gally. I walked in and everyone looked at me,

"Newt, we gotta go back out there. Who knows where this might lead us." Newt looked at me and nodded to next to him, I walked down as Gally said "You see what he's trying to do right? First, he breaks our rules, and then he tells us to abandon them totally. Wha? The rules are the only thing that has ever held us together.So why now are we questioning that? If Alby was here, you know he'd agree with me."

"This shank needs to be punished." Newt looked at me and passed a metal object to Minho, "You're right, Thomas broke the rules. One night in the pit,no food."

"Oh, come on, Newt! One night in the pit? That's not gonna stop him from going into the maze."

"No and we can't have non-runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it. So let's just make this official. Starting from tomorrow, you're a runner."

"Wow." Gally said, walking away. Gally and Fry left and Thomas looked at Newt, "Thanks Newt."

The guys all left, leaving me and Newt alone.

I grabbed his hands, "Newt... what's wrong?"

"Nothing." He leaned in and kissed me on the lips. We pulled away for air and I placed my forehead on his. I sighed, "I don't like the serious you... but you are cute when you're serious." Before we know it, we heard people outside, telling us to come to the look out.

We went over and I saw the boys with shields from the falling fruits and rocks above. I saw the girl throwing them, "Hey! Calm down! We're not gonna hurt you!" I yelled. She continuously threw until Thomas went up, they talked for a bit and I laughed.

We all left them to do our own things. I stayed with Alby again and that night, the girl who's name was Teresa and Thomas came into Alby's room, with two vials of liquid.

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it or why it came up here with you." I grabbed Newt's hand, "Just let them try... I want my friend not to be going through this torture."

Alby groaned in pain and I placed my hand in his, "Alby, just squeeze on my hand. Okay?" Alby squeezed many times, Thomas walked towards Alby, about to do it, "Okay." Alby's head shot up, glaring at Thomas.

Alby's grip on my hand loosened, and I realised that he wanted to kill Thomas like how Ben was trying. I held Alby's hand down as he screamed at Thomas.

Newt went to save Thomas who was struggling against one hand. Teresa injected the vial into him and he calmed down slowly. He passed out.

I walked outside and sat down, passing Gally. Gally and Thomas walked away to the slammer/pit. I fell asleep on the grass and heard the door open.