Chapter 17 - 3 Months Later

Start from the beginning

"Hey, I am too." I said, hitting Newt in the stomach. He chuckled, as hegrabbed Thomas' bag and walked towards the car. 

"No. No. Not this time. Look,even if we did find Minho. There's no guarantee we'd make it back from this." 

"Well you need all the help you can get then." I said and looked in the car andsmiled at Fry.

 I opened the car door and revealed Frypan. 

Thomas shook hishead, and scoffed. 

"Well we started this together. We might as well end ittoo." Newt said, grabbing my hand. 

"Okay. Let's go get him back." We got intothe car and I sat in passenger. Fry drove out of camp, and we headed out. 

Wefollowed the road and eventually Thomas and I swapped seats, so he could readthe map. We passed an Infection checkout sign, we made it to the tunnel. Wherewe got out. 

"You want us to go in there?" 

"I don't want to go across this toonaked, but if I was a crank, that's exactly where I'd be." Newt said, 

"I don'tthink we have much of a choice." Thomas told us. "I get shotgun, Newt!" I cheered.

 AsI rushed to the door. Well we both ran to it but I made it quicker. 

And we gaveeach other a small peck. 

We all got in and I opened my window to use a thirdlight in my hand. 

We drove into the tunnel and let me say, it was creepy. 

Wewent real slow around the cars. 

We found a crank and it was in front of us.

 Iclosed my window and heard Thomas yelp. 

I turned and saw a woman crank atThomas' window. 

More cranks started surrounding the car and I said, "Fry,Drive." 

The car moved and soon enough, a crank was on the front of the car. 

It made a largecrack in the windshield.

 Fry got it off using a ladder of a car. But the carsoon flipped after. 

I groaned, coughing. Thomas and Newt got out, and Newthelped me up when I got out. 

Cranks stared coming and I went for my gun but it wasn't there, Frygot the shotgun and more came running. 

We started running and we were soonsurrounded. We heard a car and I saw Brenda in their car.

 They ran over somecranks and Brenda told us to get in, so we did. We made it to the end of thetunnel and drove off. we thanked the two and we all talked. 

We saw the giantcity, still standing. 

"Unless they figured another way." Jorge stopped the carand we all got out, looking at the city. 

"We spent three years trapped behindwalls, and now we're wanna break back in?" 

"Yeah, it's hilarious." 

"Jorge, howdo we get in?" 

"I don't know hermano. Those walls are new." 

Brenda told us toget back in, and so we did. 

We made our way into the outer city. Everyone wasgathering near the walls.

 I noticed that the men in the masks were comingtowards us. 

"Newt." Newt looked over at me and I pointed towards the men. 

Suddenly a loud noise echoed and we saw the weapons turn on. They fired. Andeveryone ran. So did we. 

We made it to a hallway, that was safe and we werethrown into a van. 

I groaned, hitting my head on the metal seats. 

We were soonlet out and Jorge was being beaten.

 Brenda went to Jorge and the leader of themasks said, "Relax, relax. We're on the same side here." 

I recognised the voiceinstantly. 

"Gally?" I said, taking a step towards him. 

He took his mask off andnodded towards me before saying hello to Thomas.

 Thomas was shocked for amoment before punching Gally.

 They went to the floor and Gally was hit once ortwice once more before Newt and I ran over. "Stop it, stop it Tommy." Newtsaid, putting a hand on Thomas' shoulder. 

When Thomas finally calmed down, andstood up, I helped Gally up. 

We talked for a bit, well all of us. Gally wasgoing to help us get into the city. He took us to a guy and he had some stuffon his face, we were told not to stare. 

"Gally. Glad to see you made it back.Jasper told me what happened." 

"It was a slaughter. There's nothing we can do against those guns." 

Thomas spoke with the man and when he went into the light, he didn't have muchof a nose. The man was allowing three of us to go, whilst the others stay withhim. 

We followed Gally to a hole in the floor, and it was Thomas, Newt and Igoing. 

As I fixed my shoe, I saw Newt looking at his hand. I felt a pain shootthrough my arm, knowing it was the infection. 

I cracked my wrist and headeddown, looking over to Newt. 

I climbed down and it was a sewer. 

Gally turned thelights on and we went through the tunnel. 

We made it through the tunnel and Ifollowed with Newt, through the crowd and up the stairs. I looked at all thelights and gasped.

 We had to act like it was normal. We ran across the streets,hidden away from everything. We made it to the wall and Newt helped me up. 

Itwas night as well as we jogged, making our way up the wall. The tallestbuilding was where Teresa and Minho was. 

Our way in was Teresa. We went back tothe place and into a room with a circle table with files on it.