Beaten

*Cynthia's POV*

Four months. That's how long he's been gone. I've cried myself to sleep every night since then. Darren has it worse. He's been drinking multiple things of blood everynight and waking up on some sort of high. His voice gets really high and he starts saying all these insane things. I feel like his mother, alwayd having to keep track of him and all the messes he makes. He's like a three year old.

"Hey Darren! I have something for you." Said Laughing Jack creepily. Darren jumped off the couch and ran around in circles screaming "yay! Yay! I'm gonna get a present! Yay!"

Darren ran over to the clown and stood patiently, while Jack pulled something out of his pocket.

"Here ya go Darren! Enjoy!"

It was a peice of pepperment candy. Darren's eyes widened and he snached it out of his hand. He held the small candy to his heart and he closed his eyes screaming "YAY! I LOVE CANDY!"

Just as he was about to eat it, i grabbed it and put it in my pocket. His eyes teared up and he pouted.

"No Darren. I don't trust them yet. No candy."

"BUT CYNTHIAAAA! I WANT CANDY!"

I shook my head and brought the candy into the kitchen. I called Darren in there and grabbed a small meat tenderizer.

"watch." I said to him. I smashed the candy into dust amd pulled something out of the small pile. I held up a small razor.

"see? No candy from Jack. Alright?"

He looked at the floor and wiped a tear away. With a small sniffle, he replied. "yes ma'am."

I nodded and gave him a good peice of candy from the cabinet. His eyes lit up and almost automatically the tears dissapeared. He took the candy and grinned like a 6 year old.

"now," i said in a mother-like tone. "go play."

He nodded happily and ran out of the room. I sighed and looked around, trying to find something to do. Just then, Mr. Widemouth walked into the kitchen. He handed me some knives and he smiled.

"Juggle them."

"what? No! Fuck you!"

"it's a game. It's a really fun game too. Aren't we friends?"

"no! We're not fucking friends! You come in here without warning and you even move into my boyfriend's old room! Of course we aren't friends!"

this is when he backed off. I guess i am scary when i'm mad. It's their fault...

"Cynthia,.please come here." It was Slender. I made my way down the hallway and walked into his office. He was holding his head in his hands.

"Slender?"

"it's Ben. He started a riot in the Zalgo's world."

"a riot?! Why?"

"They were abusing Sally. He felt that he had to."

I dropped into a seat infront of his desk. I sighed and thought about Sally. They abused her? That's awful... What if Darren found out? No, he couldn't know about this. It would kill him.

"I'll ask of you to tell know one."

"Yes Slender. I won't."

He thanked me and i walked out of his office. Ben started a riot... Single-handedly? Did someone else help him?

"Cynthia!" Darren screamed from the living room. "Come play video games! There's gonna be blood!~" He sang the last part.

"Ok! Give me a sec."

I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water, which i chugged. I just wanted to get the thought of Sally being beaten out of my head. Darren couldn't know...

"Cynthia! Hurry up!"

"coming!"

And we spent the rest of the day playing bloody video games.