50

I know it's so late to be posting, but I promised you guys!
*******

The coronation had me crying as if I was a newborn child. I could not stop the flow of tears and my entire kingdom was stunned. I never made emotional gestures in front of them, of fear of them thinking I was weak and not fit for the throne...but the moment the priest put the crown from my head unto Edwin's, their was no consoling me.

I was so relieved and happy that I had finally fulfilled my father's wishes. My wishes. We finally had a King on the throne. Although I had tried my best to rule, I did it out of duty and Edwin would rule out of love and reverence for me, my parents and this kingdom...

After the coronation, Edwin had announced that he did not want to have dinner with everyone else. Even though we had spent months planning a grand ball and dinner...he was the King now. What he said went. Instead while the other guests ate and danced he wanted to have dinner in a private dining hall that we had not used...well since our parents...were alive and well.

He invited Lord Calfont, who has kept his distance from me the entire coronation, Thorian, his new advisor, and Sirus... It was an interesting combination and I was dreading this awkward meal....

As we walked to the private hall, Calfont had fell into step with me. "My Queen," he said as he offered his arm to me. I could feel Sirus's hot gaze behind me, and my hand shook as I clasped unto his forearm.

"Are you alright?" He questioned, his eyes slightly shifting to behind us. I squeezed his hand lightly. I was going to be fine. I had made my decision. I just had to speak with William first.

I smiled at him, "No but I will be." He stared at me quizzically a few more moments before we made our way into the dining hall. What I noticed first was that no food was laid out before us on the table.

I glanced to Edwin to see him smiling. "Everyone please sit." Edwin did smile often, but this smile...was not a friendly one. What was he up to? "King Sirus please sit right there," he instructed him as he pointed to the head of the table. Opposite to where Edwin was seated.

William ushered me into my seat, before siting next to me. Thorian sat next to Sirus. Both of their faces suddenly set into cold expressions. "What is this about, Edwin?" Sirus questioned, as Eddie sighed, summoning a guard to bring out a piece of paper.

"Give that to King Sirus." I glared at Edwin, as he made no move to look in my direction. Once he laid the paper out in front of him, Edwin began to speak. "King Sirus this is a document that you will sign stating that you will never, as long as you live, and as long as your son lives, never invade, act hostile, or declare war on my kingdom. As you can see it is signed by most surrounding kingdoms, including the Dragai kingdom, the Fae Kingdom, the Orc, and a few more." The Orc?!

How on earth did he get in touch with the Orc kingdom? They are across the sea! Not even father's explorations have ever lead him to such alliances! How was this possible? When did he have time to this?! I stared at him in astonishment. I was going to throttle him. I was going to take back my throne!

I glanced at Sirus who was laughing as Thorian's demeanor completely changed. He was now growling and beginning to stand. As if he were going to attack Edwin! Sirus gave Thorian a stern look which made him slowly sink to his seat. His eyes never leaving Edwin as he sat. "Read aloud what else you have in plan for this agreement, Edwin," Sirus mused. His eyes were showing his wolf like state. I looked away. This was just too much.

I felt a hand on top of my own and glanced to Calfont. He did not seem phased at all by Edwin's show of power. Or lack of.

Edwin chuckled, "Oh yes, the best part. During the raid of my kingdom more than twenty years ago you have approximately killed over 800 of our people. Thirty of our delegates and councilmen, and more than 700 of our soldiers, not including civilian deaths while under your control. So I would like recompense for that. Our kingdom has struggled ever since your people have done what they did."