24

"Chelsea, please do not tell Rowan," I told her as she tended to my wound. I was contemplating what to tell Sirus. Dinner time was approaching and we would all sit and eat in silence again. Both of the men were bound to ask about my wound.

Chelsea sighed loudly. "There are so many secrets. I cannot bare royalty," she complained as I cut her a look. What more secrets was Chelsea hiding? Did I want to know? Yes, I did. But would I be rude and ask? No. "what will your excuse be?"

"I will lie and say I fell playing with the children?" I questioned as Chelsea gave me a wary look while she fixed my hair so that my hair was spilling over my wound dressing.

"That might work."

Hearing a knock at the door, I quickly got up and walked over to it. Opening it slowly, it was a maid. "Your majesty," she bowed. "Dinner is about to be served. King Sirus requested you and Lady Chelsea."

"Thank you. We will be down in a few moments," I smiled at her before closing the door. Chelsea was frowning while looking at the angry mark on her neck. It seemed fresh.

"Does Rowan bite you often?" I questioned her as she nodded her head slowly. "Do you...enjoy when he does so?"

Chelsea sighed. "It is against our nature not to," was her simple reply.

"If it is permanent why does he bite you? Sirus likes..." I paused shaking my head. I rather not announce that Sirus likes to lick and suckle at my bite mark. It makes me feel...weird. Unsettling.

"He is showing his dominance...that I am his."

After that, I dropped the subject. She seemed a bit on edge speaking about everything. Which I could understand.

We made our way down to the dining hall and Who sat at the table was none other than the two brooding cousins. Not saying a word to one another.

"Esmerelda," Sirus growled out as I sat down next to him. He instantly got up and moved my hair aside. "What happened? Tell me now."

I laughed, swatting his hand away quickly. "Sirus, please calm down. I was playing with the children and I fell in the garden," I explained to him as his hand tried to pull at my bandage. "Sirus, please calm down," I said with a hint of annoyance.

As soon as he was getting ready to try and argue with me over my wounds, the doors opened. King Loche and Queen Estelle walked in.

I was surprised to see them. I would think that they would have left by now. "Nice of you two to join us," Sirus said as the two royals sat down next to one another. Queen Estelle sitting across from me.

"Thank you for having us....King...King..." she trailed off looking at her husband for assistance. How could she have forgotten his name that quickly?

"Queen Estelle how do you fare?" I questioned as I watched her look at me...with no seeming recognition. I smiled kindly at her. What was wrong with her?

"I am so sorry...can I have all of your names again? I have-"

"-Estelle you owe them no explanation," her husband said sternly as she just stared at him frowning.

"I have memory issues," she admitted as I watched her husband stare each and everyone of us down intensely. As if we were about to prey on her for her weakness.

I smiled. "That...that is okay. I am Queen Esmerelda and that is King Sirus, Prince Rowan and Princess Chelsea. We had a conversation earlier while our husbands discussed business. We promised to write one another letters," I explained to her as she nodded her head smiling while her husband wrapped his arm around her bringing her chair closer to his own.