42

"You can take him."

The wet nurse stood at the foot of bed. Terrified. She had been shaking entirely to much since she got here. I was aware that Sirus had killed the other wet nurse...and I assured her that he would do no such thing.

My arms shook as I held Thorian who was still wailing for food. The woman quickly grabbed my son and begin to feed him. She was probably the same age as me. The other servants said that she lost her child....

Her eyes always glazed over when she fed Thorian. We both were quiet as she fed my son. She never spoke when she fed him. I suppose it was as awkward as when she watched me feed Thorian.

Once he calmed down from being full, she began to burp him and pace around. I watched her closely. Sirus threatening to have my head if I dared to leave her alone with Thorian. Or even fell asleep as she held him.

I still felt very weak but I would not pass out when he fed from me. I could walk a bit better too. Hilda came in giving me different potions and herbs. Strengthening me everyday. I needed to heal faster though.

After hearing a small gurgle, the wet nurse gave me back Thorian. She curtsied before she visibly stiffened. Someone was at the door.

The door opened without a knock signifying it could only be one of two people. Chelsea or Sirus... I have not seen both since I have awaken fully.

In strolled my husband, who I had not seen for the past few days. We cannot sleep in the same room since I am not fully healed...or so I hear. Which is expected of royals.

He looked...different. His hair grew longer, his eyes more feral. Chelsea has told me a while ago that mate's often drive them selves insane if a mate dies or is very ill...and I did not believe her at first. But now looking at Sirus has me thinking she was right.

"Out," he uttered to the wet nurse. She gasped and fled from the room. I had never seen a women run out a room as fast as she did. I frowned, glancing at Sirus as he approached my side of the bed.

He bent down, sniffing my forehead, before doing the same to Thorian. Who stilled significantly as Sirus breathed over him. "You smell," I told him. He smelt as if he has been living in the soldier camps for the last few days.

Our eyes locked and he let lose a long breath. "You do not smell good either, Esmerelda. You smell like blood, death." His voice tightened and I felt the need to lay a hand on his shoulder. Various servants claimed that he had been lashing out on everyone. His lycan was not stable since my body was not stable.

"Well I have not had a decent bath since birth. I guess I do smell a bit sour," I told him as he was staring at Thorian. Who was wiggling his little nose and making noses. "You should hold him."

Sirus grabbed him gently and my eyes widened at how small he was. Or how large Sirus's hand was...either way he could hold Thorian with one hand. I watched as Thorian did not fuss or complain. Usually he did not like people holding him. Well I am sure Chelsea has held him when I was not conscious...but eversincd I have been up and conscious she has not come to visit me. The maids all try to handle him and he gets very upset though. He does not even like the wet nurse really. His little eyes continuously blinked as Sirus just stared down at him.

His eyes returning to their normal color. "He does not resemble me at all," he stated as I sat up a bit looking at Thorian. He did not, but I deserved for him to look like me. All I have been through!

"Well he has your temper." It was true. When Thorian was hungry or wanted to be held he made it known. Very known. He did not have time to be cooed. He wanted his milk and warmth from his mother.