7

I have received no sleep the past few days. All I can think about is the wedding. All I can think about is that monster touching me. When I have had the luxury to sleep, I have nightmares. Horrible ones. They are about him. We are always at the altar. We are always just finished getting married and when I look out into the crowd. All of the people who they killed are at the front row of our ceremony. They are dead though.

Tattered flesh, ripped clothing...bleeding. But they are smiling and clapping. In the front row is my parents. My mother is holding Eddie. Her head is bent 360 degrees. Eddie doesn't seem to notice. My father's spine is wrong...no one seems to care. Whatever injury that was given to to them by the wolves, is there but they still breathe.

I wake up screaming, and King Sirus is there every time to attempt to quiet me. It doesn't work. I scream at him. I threaten him. I call him names that my mother would turn in her grave if she heard me utter.

My stomach churns as I realize something. No one was given a proper burial. Maybe that was why they were at my wedding. Haunting me. My mother couldn't turn over in her grave because she had none.

I quickly sprang up from my bed and quickly showered and dressed. I had to speak with the King. I had to do something before I'm married off to a monster.

Once I was dressed, I walked to Eddie's room. Chelsea was in the middle of dressing him. "Chelsea please make sure that he eats breakfast. Do you know where King Sirus is?"

She nodded. "He should be in his study, your highness."

"Thank you." I rushed down the hall and down the steps. Everyone seemed to be avoiding me. The maids, the guards, all gave me nervous looks. They seemed to be treating me nicely for the past week and few days so I don't know why they're acting different now.

Once I arrived at his study, I heard two people arguing. "So you'll let a human be your Queen? After we attacked their land! You really think she wants to marry you! You are an ignorant fool brother-"

"Watch your tone with me!" I knew that was Sirus. "She is my mate and I will not have her walking around my kingdom without my mark on her!"

"Is she even fit to be Queen?" The woman spat.

I opened the door. Whoever this 'woman' was she did not know me. She did not know what I had to offer to this Kingdom. I didn't want to offer them anything to them but if it ensured my safety and my brothers. I would do anything.

"I was fit to be queen in my kingdom."

Sirus was siting at his desk, while a dark haired woman stood across his desk, over him. She was tall. And beautiful. She whipped around, her dark sparkling eyes clashing with my own light ones. "So...you are Princess Esmerelda?" She asked, as she looked me up and down.

I did not want an enemy but this woman did not look like an ally. "Yes, and you are?"

"Fiona. King Sirus's only sibling, the crown Princess of this nation," she said incredibly smugly as she turned her head upwards as if to snub me. "You are prettier then I imagined."

"I would say likewise if I have ever heard of you," I smiled, watching her one eye twitch. "King Sirus may I speak with you alone?" I asked, completely ignoring her. I did not appreciate her. I was not here to make friends. I was here to survive and get answers.

"I cannot hear, my sister?"

The thought that she would call me her sister sent unsettled chills down my spine. "I would rather be alone with my soon to be husband," I said curtly.

"Fiona, out," Sirus growled. The woman glared at her brother before smiling at me and leaving. Slamming the door shut loudly. I looked at Sirus who was looking me over. I sighed, averting my gaze. I didn't appreciate watching him look at my body. Like I was a piece of meat, ready for his teeth to sink into. "What did you want to speak with me alone about?"