25

"Darling Duke Everton the Second is here."

I groaned as I held my book up to my fave trying to hide from my mother. "Dear, I know you have heard me. Now get up and be prepared he would like to take you for a walk around the labyrinth," she said as she plucked the book out of my hand and shut it.

"Mother, tell him I am sick. I have come down with a horrible fever. I am ill and will not be available for the next decade," I explained to her as she rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand. Pulling me up front the couch.

She chuckled. "No, darling. He is a very elgible suitor. Your father would like you to spend more time with him. Supervised of course," she said with a hint of a smile. I felt my stomach churn at the thought of kissing such a fool.

"Why? Father knows I do not like him. Knows I will not marry such a pig headed-"

"-Esmeralda, stop that. He is a very qualified young man. Your father has big hopes for the both of you," she explained as I almost fell onto the floor and screamed.

"Like marriage?" I whispered with my eyes wide.

"Maybe. Unless a more formidable candidate comes along. He wants you to marry a human and he is the next best thing to a Prince," she explained.

"A wedding? To him? Mother I rather be hit with a coach and trampled by horses," I told her defiantly while she rubbed my back.

"I said something similar when my parents offered my hand to your father. I said I rather jump out of a castle window and land on swords. My bottom was severely warmed for that statement so I suggest you refrain from saying that in front of your father," she explained as we began to walk down the hall. To where he was.

"Land on swords mother? That is so violent," I shuddered.

She shrugged. "Well yes I had a deep seed of hate for your father. See he called me fat when I was a child and well I despised him for it. Now I love him more than life itself," she smiled as her hand went to her beautiful ring.

"What does that have to do with me and the pig , mother?"

She laughed softly while shaking her head. "Well darling, seeds of hate bloom into flowers of love."

************
"We have everything!"

"No, no. We need cake!"

I sighed, watching the two children from my bed. Sarah and Eddie were getting married. Sarah made a headpiece from leaves. She also wore one of her 'good dresses.' Which I almost had a heart attack upon hearing. She had told me earlier she did not have many clothes. Which we were going to change soon.

The dress maker was going to pay a visit to me the day after tomorrow and little Sarah would be there too. She will be measured for at least two nice dresses then at least three for playing.

"Queen Esmerelda may we get a real cake?" Sarah questioned as I shook my head. Eddie huffed out a large sigh.

I glared at him. "Eddie you already know I said no. It is the middle of the day. You have not even had lunch. That is a no," I said sternly.

He growled. Yes, growled at me. "Eddie you are not a lycan do not growl at me."

He did it once more. "Yes I am!"