43

"Hilda you are amazing."

I had managed to get up from my bed and was pacing around the room. She had managed to give me strength and I was increasingly grateful for that. While Chelsea paced nervously back and forth while we awaited for our...mates to join us.

I had told the nurses to have Thorian in the next room, just in case Sirus decided to end my life. I did not want him to do it in front of Thorian...even though he would not remember.

"Human Queen and Chelsea, you need to calm yourself! I will not let anything happen to you two. Well I will try my best...you know those two dogs are very strong." Hilda explained as I gave her a nervous smile.

At least she would attempt to help. Chelsea looked ready to run out of the room and down the hall. I was increasingly becoming nervous too. What would he say before killing me? Or would he be too disappointed to say anything... hopefully disappointment was what he felt.

A knock at the door had all three of us jumping. Of course Hilda was jumping in excitement.

"Come in!" I called.

The door opened slowly. In strolled Rowan. He seemed to look...well awful really. His eyes glanced to Chelsea before looking at me...and averting his gaze. "What is the matter? The guard told me their is trouble..."

Chelsea claimed that was the only way Rowan would somehow go near me. If both her and I were in trouble. "Oh you filthy dog look awful! I suppose the past has battered you up. Do not worry at least the woman is not alive to retell how it all happened."

Rowan's eyes glazed over as he snarled. Making his way over to Hilda. She stood from her stool, and snuck behind Chelsea, snickering. "Do not touch her," Chelsea growled out, watching Rowan pace the room and snarl. He seemed very upset. Maybe because his cousin was angry with him and so was his mate...

"Chelsea why am I here? Is this some type of..." his voice trailed off as the door slammed open. Shaking the paintings on the wall.

Sirus barged in, his eyes meeting my own, sliding over my body before turning to Rowan. A cruel smile on his lips.

"Cousin you really wish death upon yourself...I will make it quick," Sirus promised through clenched teeth as he slammed Rowan to the ground.

"Stop it, you two animals! You are here because we are in harms way, not to kill one another! If both of you do not want to die you will listen to my words!" I stomped. My blood boiling to the point where I had to grasp at the bed post. I suppose Hilda has not given me a lot of strength.

Sirus paused, still grabbing hold of Rowan, as his eyes locked with my own. "Tell me how we will all die if we do not listen to you, Esmerelda."

His eyes were completely crimson now and I cleared my throat....feeling an uncomfortable feeling rush over myself. "Before I tell you promise me that you will not harm Edwin..."

"Well has Edwin betrayed me?" He spat, letting go of Rowan...and settling his eyes completely on me. His arms began to expand and I held a hand up. Before he kills me I have to tell him.

"No, Edwin has not betrayed you," I told him as I turned, beginning to back up as he slowly took steps towards me. "I have betrayed your...trust. I have been sending letters to James Everton-"

My voice was cut off as his hand wrapped around my neck. The pad of his thumb pressing down uncomfortably. Not to the point of me not being able to breathe...but enough to pause my words. His eyes were blazing with anger as he shook with anger.

"After all I have done for you?! Are you trying to run away with him, Esmerelda? Another whore for a wife," he spat, as I could feel his claws pressing into my flesh.