-Seventeen-

I woke up in James' arms...

What am I doing here? No offense to him but I don't particularly want to be wrapped up in someone's arms when my best friend had been shot.

I untangled my body from his and got up and checked in the mirror at the state I was in.

Not a very pretty sight. I hadn't took my makeup off from last night, so my mascara was smudged down my cheeks, the crying didn't help either, my eyes were red and puffy and my hair... well, I can't really explain the mess of it!

"Morning" James smiled as I combed my ratty birds nest that I call hair, why was he so happy?!

"Hi" I frowned. I faintly smiled at him and walked out of my room and into the bathroom. I need a shower I thought to myself.

•••

"We should go out for the day" James suggested as he slurped his tea, "What? You want me to go out when Daniel is in hospital, fighting for his life?! When you were in hospital I tried to visit you everyday, now you want me to go out when someone else is in hospital?" I shouted

"I didn't mean that Louise" He apologised, "Well, if you didn't mean it, why say it?" I snapped, grabbing my jacket and my phone, making my way to the hospital to see Daniel.

•••

As I got to the hospital, I asked the receptionist where Daniel was, she gave me directions, which I followed and I was now, in the same room watching Daniel on a life support.

"Oh Daniel" I whispered as I held his hand. "I'm sorry for everything I did, when you come out if here, I'll tell you the whole truth. I just hope you forgive me, it's all my fault" I kissed his hand. "Just remember, I love you lots! I always will you big softy" I chuckled to myself, even though this isn't a laughing matter.

I heard the door open, there stood a very upset James. "I'm sorry Louise" "It's okay" I burst into tears and ran towards him and engulfed him into a hug.

"I'm sorry about Daniel, I really am. If it makes you feel any better Id take his place for him" James kissed my forehead. "Don't be silly" I rolled my eyes and walked back to where I was originally stood.

"I just hope he pulls through, like you did" I smiled, "Daniel is strong! He can overcome this" I kept think positive, until the unimaginable happened.

Daniel's heart monitor started beeping, his pulse was slowing down. Me and James looked at eachother not knowing what to do! "Help please someone come in here" I screamed as I ran outside the room. "Please, his heart monitors beeping" I sobbed, a group of nurses and doctors came rushing over, observing Daniel.

Please let him be okay!

"I'm sorry but you two will have to wait outside" A old man look sternly at us both. I swallowed the huge lump in my throat and nodded, I walked away as I watch all the nurses trying to get his heart to stop dropping.

Why Daniel?!

•••

35 dreadful minutes past and all the nurses came out of Daniels room.

"What's wrong? Is he ok? Please tell me he is ok" I cried. Panic ran through my body.

"I'm sorry Miss Scott. We couldn't help him" The young nurse rubbed my shoulder, "I'm sorry for your loss" She smiled faintly.

"H-He's...d-dead" I stuttered.

"I'm so sorry Louise" James was crying too" "He's dead" I repeated.. "NO DANIEL PLEASE WAKE UP! PLEASE" I ran into his room, his hospital covers coving his whole body. "Please Daniel" I fell to the floor crying. "Come on Louise, let's get you home" James helped me up.

"NO! I'M NOT LEAVING" I shouted "Yes, yes you are Louise! So let's go!" James grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door.

"Wait a second" I shook James' arm off me and walked back over to Daniel. "I'm sorry Daniel, I really am. It's all my fault I know. I love you so much, I'll miss you like crazy! Bye Daniel, rest easy now!" I smiled and kissed his hand. I walked back over to James and walked out the hospital.

Could my life get any worse?

All because of him.

Jai Brooks.

••• ••• ••• ••• ••• •••

{SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! HOPE YOU LIKE THIS ONE!}

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

LOVE YOU