chapter ten-"A miracle" edited

COMMENT, VOTE AND ENJOY

---------------------------------

Dante's pov

He paced back and forth in his room for a long time.

For some reason he felt especially protective of his luna.

Maybe because she was just that...his Luna? Or maybe because she was the most kind hearted person he had ever met? Or even because she was the only woman who looked him in the eyes without fearing or judging him and seemed to truly understand him? Maybe it was because she was so young yet been through so much in her life just like them?

Yes, those were the reasons why he so desperately wanted to protect her, but most of all he wanted to do it in hope that by keeping her safe the guilt that nested all these years deep in his soul would ease.

The guilt that he couldn't help the young girl that always helped him long ago when they were enslaved.

Thinking about the fortress just before he fell asleep, was a grave mistake as it brought back the most horrid and painful days of his life.

-----------------------

He was 10 at the time of this certain flashback and 15 when they escaped.

The heavy metal door of their cell opened sending horror through all their little hearts.

Everyone of the boys held their breath,waiting for the worse.

A minute later, in walked Ravana, who stood eyeing every one of them carefully.

Her gaze settled on Jace but sighed with a shake of her head,

"It's too early for a fuck. I'll deal with you later but i am in a great mood to play a game so,who should I choose, who should I choose..." she chanted sickly, pretending to be deep in thought.

She was stalling, playing with their nerves, enjoying the growing anxiety, before her eyes settled on Dante.

She walked towards him, chained his hands and neck then dragged his frail body outside.

He was soon hanging by the chains and he knew the 'game' will be whipping.

The next thing he knew, he was jolted forward, screaming from the excruciating pain.

It went on for what seemed like hours and Ravana only stopped when he was almost unconscious, unable to take anymore.

She threw him on the hard floor and started dragging him by the feet back towards their cell.

His limp body was dragged across the concrete floor, then down the stairs, ripping his bleeding back even more, before she threw him in the cell.

He could feel his friends looking at him, trying to see if he was alive.

When he heard the metal doors open again, he closed his eyes silently praying.

But through the doors entered someone else.

A little girl.

She was young, 6 years of age he guessed, just like Tommy and even looked like him.

She ran towards Tommy and Mark, hugging them tightly.

"You're alive! I thought they killed you. I thought he killed you. Are you alright sister?"

"I am fine TomTom, don't worry about me"

"H-how did you get here? Is mother alright? Father?" Mark asked his sister.