29 - Don't Say Goodbye

Start from the beginning

Linking their hands together and interlocking them in a pattern where only the best of the Xlinx knew of, they began to mutter enchantments under their breaths.

“That that we walk on, earth,” One of them called out. Dirt began rising up and swirling around them.

“That that we pray to, sky,” The girl said. A loud gust of wind blew, but the three Xlinx stood, their feet grounded firmly.

“And that that is below everything, underworld,” the last boy called out over the loud roar of wind.

With as strong magical aura surrounding them, the group of three raised their hands together and created a ball of energy. They aimed it at the epicenter of all the bad things happening, the place which seemed like the calm of a hurricane.

“Surprise there,” A soft whisper that was small but enough to scare the three said. The team jumped and turned around, only to be shocked to see Rose in her torn garments standing her, a black rose in her hand. The thorns pricked her skin, but she didn’t feel it anymore. She smiled bitterly at the three. “Looking for me?”

“Who are you?” One of the boys asked. He was the eldest of them all, the one with the most experience. He’s been on countless missions, yet he had never seen the girl before.

“I’m a new… recruit,” She simply shrugged. She eyed the ball of energy that was before her. She simply thought destroy, and the ball burst, with harmless ember-like rocks shooting out from it.

The girl eyed her with fear in her eyes. “W-Who are you? Really?”

“I’m your biggest nightmare,” Rose gave them a crooked smile.

“No!” A screamed silenced everything. A woman stood up from the ground, and Rose scowled immediately, her lips turning into a sneer.

“Cranelia. Didn’t I tell you to get the hell out of my life?” Rose hissed angrily. The woman looked at her heatedly.

“Miss,” the rest of the three bowed down quickly at the sight of the very wise and famous woman. All of them eyed Rose, thinking the same thing, that Cranelia could just kill her in a second flat.

Cranelia acknowledged them with a simple nod that said ‘I’ll take it from here’. The three took a step back, staying a good 5 meter radius from the intense stare down of the good and bad Xlinx.

“You’re good, Rose. I know you are. Stop doing this-”

“Good God, Cranelia, do you not know where to stop trying?” Rose screamed in rage as she blasted a shot of fire at the disowned princess of Alfea. Cranelia simply dodged it by stepping to the side. Rose kept on shooting fiery balls at the obviously experience woman.

“Rose,” Cranelia tried gently. “I know what I am doing, okay? Good people turn bad easily, Rose, and most of the time, they turn due to revenge. But trust me when I say that they don’t live a good life after they’ve gotten their satisfaction from hurting others that once hurt them.”

“Go away, Cranelia,” Rose said stubbornly. “I’m old enough to make my own decisions, alright? I’m not a little baby who’s immature and am having a dream of poppies and rainbows of pots of gold.” She shot a look at the three Xlinx at the side a look.

“I’m here to help, Rose-”

She didn’t want to hear anything anymore.

Pain, she thought silently.

Before she vaporized into thin air, she managed to catch a glimpse of Cranelia and the three Xlinx withering on the ground, crying in pain.

For some reasons, Rose didn’t feel guilty at all.