When Ethan was frustrated, that's when he would always take it out on me. That's always when he did the more horrible things, like push and hurt me.

"You okay?" I asked being sure to keep my distance.
His eyes darted up to me with a non-happy look on his face causing chills to appear on the back of my neck.

"Yeah." He looked back down and put his phone away. "Kylie won't stop texting me." He clinched his jaw.

I nodded slowly not being able to relate. No guy has ever texted me non-stop, or texted me really at all for that matter.

He motioned his head towards a rocky path signaling for us to start walking.

I did as he said not daring to make him more mad and we started to walk. There was a little distance between us as we walk which made me comfortable.

Soon, I could see a couple of small parlors with food and drinks. We walked up to a cute green shack and scanned the menu.

"What would you like?" Ethan looked down to me pulling out his wallet from inside of his pocket.

"Just a smoothie." I told him not wanting him to pay for a bunch of stuff.
"You're not hungry?" He raised his eyebrow.

I shook my head even though I was practically starving. He rolled his eyes and turned towards the counter.

"Can we get two strawberry smoothies and two blueberry muffins?" He handed the worker a twenty dollar bill.

My eyes went wide as I looked at him, "Ethan I told you I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten since yesterday's lunch before the car ride. I know you're hungry." He narrowed his eyebrows releasing a chuckle.

"Thank you." I admit that he was right while tucking my bottom lip in between my teeth.
The worker handed Ethan his change and gave us both a muffin and our smoothies.

I took a bit into my muffin and looked around the beautiful outdoors. "Where to now?"

He squinted his eyes looking around in almost every direction. "Hmm." He thought. "Let's just go for a walk and find somewhere to sit down and watch the sunrise."

I didn't want to see this sunrise at all, but I was too scared to say no to him.

I nodded and we started to search through the woods. My eyes watched him as he admired all the nature. I could tell that he loves it.

"Woah." He paused in his tracks causing me to almost run into his back but I caught myself.
"What?" I asked not being able to see past his tall built body.

"There." He pointed straight ahead and kept walking. In the middle of the forest we're two abandoned school buses. It gave me the creeps.

"Why the hell are we walking towards this?" I stayed standing in my spot while he got closer.

"Just trust me." He turned back to me.
That's the last thing I would ever do for you. My trust is hardly ever earned. Very few people have access to it and he's not one of them.

I stayed quiet.
He let out a huff and kept walking towards the buses. He put his muffin and smoothie onto the ground, then grabbed onto the window and pulling himself on top of the roof.

He stood up straight and did a couple of circles looking around at the sky. "Wow." He whispered to himself.

"You have to see this." He turned his attention back towards me.
No part of me was ready for this. I wasn't ready to see a sunset again but what else was I supposed to do? Run away back to the tent and sleep until it was over?

I walked towards the bus and looked straight up to him. "How the hell do I get up there?"

"First, hand me all of the food and drinks." He bent down and grabbed each item while I placed them into his hands. He set them down onto the top and then bent back down.

"Give me your hand." He held out his giant hand that looked firm and strong.
Almost every part of me was telling me no, but apart of me said yes.

I grabbed onto his hand feeling the warm sensation of his hand. It was a feeling I've never felt before. I've never gotten the chance to touch him willingly.

He pulled me upwards while I put my feet into the window to help me get up. He full pulled me up and I stood onto the roof top being balanced.

"You're so light." He chuckled. My heart fucking boomed out of my chest.

Did he just say what I think he said? After all these years of body shaming me, calling me fat, and saying I needed to loose weight... he just commented on how light I was.

I looked around and now knew why he was so speechless. The sun was slowly rising over behind the trees causing the sky to be a light orange and rose pink shade.

"I know right." He spoke causing me to look at him, but he was already looking at me. He was watching me as I watched the sky.

"Its beautiful." I felt a little choked up. I could feel my eyes getting glossy.
"You okay?" He lightly grabbed onto my shoulders and rubbed them.

I wiped my eyes as I kept watching the sky. "Yeah, it's just... I haven't seen a sunset since my mom died." I turned my attention back to him.

His face fell as his hands stopped rubbing my arms but they didn't loose contact.

"When I was a little girl, we would always watch them together. Wake up every morning and go for a hike to the top of the mountain that was behind our house back in Colorado. When she died... I couldn't bare to look at them anymore." A tear fell from my face.

Ethans thumb gently rubbed away the tears from under my eyes. "I'm so sorry, Ally." He whispered. I could hear the sorrow in his voice.

Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his torso hugging him. He was a little bit surprised but I surprised myself.

His arms tightly wrapped around me; rubbing my back softly with his hand. My face buried into his chest as I scrunched my face to hold back any further tears.

In this moment, I wasn't scared of him. Not a single part of me. He was comforting me when I needed it.

Something I never thought he was capable of.

______
500 votes + 500 comments for next chapter!
comment your thoughts!
I love y'all!