Chapter Eleven

Hello guys the surprise that I was talking about last time isn't in this chapter but you will find out what it is soon enough. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Annabeth POV

Too many emotions were running through my head: hurt, betrayal, anger, sadness, bitterness, and jealousy. I couldn't show them though, Percy was never mine and I had no right to feel these emotions.

I put on a fake smile and tried to walk to my room but Percy stopped me by saying. "Annabeth there's someone I want you to meet."

"Oh. Hi. I'm Annabeth." I said to the girl. Now that I got to look at her she was pretty, she had jet black hair and electric blue eyes that kind of reminded me of Jason's. She also had freckles sprinkled across her nose.

"Hi I'm-" I cut her off before she could say her name

"Are you Percy's girlfriend?" I blurted out. I blushed and they both laughed

"No, I'm not really big on incest." She smiled at me, her bright eyes twinkling, "I'm Thalia. Percy's cousin."

"O-oh my g-god I'm so sorry. I-I just assumed." I stuttered, my face as red as a tomato

"It's ok." She laughed "I'm just a bit confused why you would think I was his girlfriend, Percy doesn't do relationships so I don't know what he told you."

"Umm he didn't-" I began

"I haven't seen him in a while but he couldn't change that much." She continued as if I was never talking, "Maybe you're one of his friends with benefits and he just says that to keep you coming back."

I was pretty sure my jaw was on the floor. I couldn't even say anything, I was in too much shock. Thalia seemed pretty nice at first but now I'm thinking we won't be friends.

Thankfully Percy saved me so I didn't have to respond to her "Actually, Thals, Annabeth is my roommate."

"Oh ok. So you're literally fucking things up at home." She said without a change in her tone

"Um no Percy and I aren't... uh we don't do that." I said at a loss for words

"Yeah. I'm definitely gonna believe you haven't slept together." Thalia rolled her eyes

"I didn't say that." I defensively stated

"So you are fuck buddies." She said

"No it was only once and before we even lived together." I said and then got upset "Why are you so interested in this?"

"Why not. I gotta watch out for my baby cousin somehow. Don't want some bitch trapping him in a relationship he doesn't want." She smiled at me.

"Don't worry Thalia, Percy and I are just friends and nothing more." As I said that I swear I saw a look of hurt flash across his face but it quickly disappeared

"yeah" he said in a sad tone

Thalia looked like she was scanning the situation and then something clicked in her head but she didn't say anything about it. "So you are aware that I'm going to be staying with you for a few days."

"No I wasn't aware but that's fine I guess." I said in fears of her yelling at me if I said anything else.

"Ok great. So you looked like you wanted to tell him something when you walked into the door." She said finally moving the conversation away from the previous topic.