Chapter Thirteen

Huge thanks to everyone who commented with baby names last chapter.

Percy pov

In case you didn't get the memo. I like Annabeth. I know she absolutely hates me but I'm just so attracted to her, it's like I get this nervous feeling inside my stomach whenever I'm around her, but I still want to be around her all the time.

I know what you're thinking. 'Wow, Percy you're so pathetic, falling in love with her?'. I can't help it she's just so perfect. And I don't just like her for her looks, I mean she is by far the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes on, but just her personality and how fierce she can be and pretty much everything else about her.

To be honest, I could go on about her forever, but I have a deadline. We are currently in the airport's private lounge waiting for the plane. We were going on a private plane because apparently, Hazel's dad was happy to lend it to us. Makes me wonder who her dad is. (A/N *wink wink* 😉)

Annabeth snapped me out of my daydream about her. "Percy? Percy? You in there?"

"Oh yeah sorry what were you saying?" I asked sheepishly

She frowned "We're going to sit together on the plane. Thalia wanted to sit alone and all the couples are sitting together so looks like it's you and me."

We could be included in those couples I thought to myself but instead said "Ok that's cool. Maybe we could talk about the..." I trailed off and looked at her stomach. I still felt awkward talking to her about it, It's like all of us just wanted to forget the fact that my baby was in her belly.

She seemed to realize what I meant "Oh, yeah I guess."

"Only if you want to." I rushed to say after seeing how uncomfortable she looked

"No, It's ok Percy. We probably should anyway. I'm not getting any less pregnant." She sighed

"Ok then," I said and we fell into a silence, not quite uncomfortable but I wouldn't call it comfortable, it was just silence. Until Thalia came over and decided to talk to us.

"Hi, guys. Don't be mad at me but I kinda sorta maybe told Sally that you two were dating." Thalia flinched like she was expecting us to start yelling

I looked over at Annabeth to see what her reaction was to this. Surprisingly she looked fine with it.

She calmly closed her book and looked at Thalia, "It's ok. I already knew. I was coming to get you for the movie and I kinda overheard the conversation, sorry. I'm not mad though. I'm just glad she's coming to the wedding."

"Yeah same I guess. Not about already knowing though, I didn't know until now." I shrugged

"Oh thank god you're not mad." Thalia sighed of relief

"Yeah, no problem. I think I can handle being Percy's fake girlfriend for a few days." Annabeth laughed but had a look on her face like it was reminding her of something sad

Oh, right fake girlfriend. If only it was real. I sighed and tried to mask my sadness. "Yeah can't be that hard, right?"

Thalia laughed and looked at us like she knew something we didn't. "Right. Now I'm going to leave you two alone."

Soon Hazel ushered us over to a walkway that led to the plane.

The plane had twelve seats so the 4 couples, and Annabeth and I each sat in pairs. Thalia sat by herself in the back with Juniper and Grover across from her. Annabeth and I sat in the middle row across from Frank and Hazel. Jason and Piper sat across from Leo and Calypso in the front row.

The flight was going to be about three hours and it was pretty normal until Jason and Piper decided to join the mile high club halfway through. Let's just say that airplane bathrooms have thin walls and the Co-pilot had to come back and check on what was making such a loud noise.

Annabeth fell asleep on me two hours in. I just watched a movie until Hazel came over and wanted to talk to me.

"Hi, Percy." She greeted

"Oh hey, Hazel. What's up?" I wondered

"Well Frank is watching a movie and I needed to talk to you." She gestured to Frank who's attention was fully directed at the movie he was watching.

"Ok. What about?"

"Annabeth." She said and I sighed, that seems to be the topic everyone wanted to talk to me about.

"Yeah what about her?" I sighed

"Do you like her?" She raised an eyebrow

I was shocked. How did she find out? I thought I was doing pretty good at hiding my feelings for her. "What? Why would you think that?"

"Because I have eyes. And the slightest bit of common sense." She rolled her eyes

"Hazel you sound crazy. She doesn't ev-" I tried to sound convincing

"Wow, Percy. You are the most oblivious person I've ever met." Hazel sounded like she was going to laugh

"What?" I got a little defensive of myself

"Do you actually think Annabeth doesn't have feelings for you?" She slightly laughed this time

"I know she doesn't. It's always awkward between us." I say sadly

"Wow, Percy, has it never occurred to you that it's awkward because you like each other?" Hazel looked at me like I was the stupidest person she'd ever met

To be honest it had occurred to me but I pushed it away as a hopeful thought rather than reality. "Uh, Hazel I live with her. I'm pretty sure I would know if she liked me."

"Ok Percy since you really don't get how any of this works. I'll help you out here." She took a breath, "She definitely likes you."

Before I could say something, Annabeth woke up.

"What-? Oh, Hazel hey." She smiled at Hazel but still looked confused

"Hey, Annabeth. I was just talking with Percy. I hope I didn't wake you." Hazel kindly smiled

"No, it's ok. How long did I sleep for?" Annabeth questioned

"About an hour. We should be landing soon." Hazel's said

"Oh ok," Annabeth said

"I'm going to go back to Frank now," Hazel said and looked at me to give me a message to talk to Annabeth.

There was an awkward silence for a few moments after Hazel left.

Finally, Annabeth said something "Uh thanks for letting me sleep on your shoulder."

"Yeah, no problem. It didn't really bother me." I shrugged and then the co-pilot came into the main area.

"Hello. Do I have everyone's attention?" He paused for a moment before continuing, "We will be landing in less than twenty minutes so please put your seatbelts back on, thank you." He announced and went back to where the pilot was.

Piper then got up and stood in front and middle so we could all see her. "Ok guys. I'm so excited but I just wanted to say that once we get off the plane there will be a minibus that will be taking us to Disney and the contemporary resort, where we'll be staying."

About 15 minutes later we landed. I was officially in Florida. All I could think was this is going to be interesting.