Chapter 20: His Cousins

Annabeth
"My name is..." The small boy was about to tell me when two people ran in behind him. I look at the two boys who had interrupted the small boy in front of me. I saw Percy but didn't recognize the boy running with him.

"Tyson!!!!" Percy yelled out loud and hugged the small boy. He released himself from Tyson's embrace and saw the confused look on my face.

"Annabeth, this is Tyson and Nico," he gestured to the boy next to him with dark hair and black clothes,"Tyson and Nico, this is my uh... um... girlfriend Annabeth"

"Never thought Percy was capable to love someone" The boy named Nico sneered, "Hey, nice to meet you" he held out his hand and I shook it.

"Hello Annabeth!!! Don't mind Nico he can be rude sometimes" the small boy named Tyson replied and gave me a hug. He wa so cute.

"Do you guys want to come in?" I ask kindly.

"No we just want to keep standing here in the doorway" Nico replied. Percy gave him a death glare, "Jeez I was joking". Percy punched his arm and walked into the house, followed by Tyson and Nico.

"So how do you know each other?" I ask while closing the door.

"Percy is my half brother and Nico is our cousin" replied Tyson. He was so cute! He looked around 7-8 years old and was more behaved than both my brothers combined. Nico and Tyson both sat down on the couch while Percy walked over to his room.

"Hey guys, I'm going to go shower, but before I do, Annabeth can I talk to you?"

"Yeah sure" I gave him a grateful look, not wanting to be in a room with those two without Percy and walked over into his bedroom. I mean Tysn I'm fine with, it's just that Nico gives me the creeps.

We just looked at each other in silence, no one said anything for a while.

"Percy what did you want to talk about" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I don't know, you looked so awkward I just helped you get out of the situation"

"Ok well, I'm going to go shower can I borrow a towel"

"Yeah sure"

Percy passed me a towel and I quickly kissed his cheek and ran into the shower before he had realized what I had done. From the other side of the bathroom door I heard Percy yell,

"Annabeth, I had to go shower first!" He knocked on the door and opened it. I was half changed so I jumped into the shower.

"Sorry!!! Didn't know you could change so fast. Fine I'll wait outside with Tyson and Nico but you better be quick" He walked back out. I let go of the breath that I didn't realize I was holding.

After my shower, I walked back out with Percy's hoodie and a new pair of sweatpants that I borrowed. These sweatpants looked like they were mine as the fit me so perfectly. Sally told me that they were from when Percy was 11 years old. The hoodie was over-sized but it fit comfortably. Percy saw me and smiled big.

"Woah, get a room you guys" said Nico, he was looking back and forth between me and Percy and I started to blush. Nico smirked and then looked back at the tv, watching spongebob with Tyson. The couch was only for 3 people but Nico and Tyson took up all the space. Percy was sitting in an armed chair. I just stood there because the was no where for me to sit.

"Percy, where are your parents?" I ask, not looking away from the tv.

"They left while you were in the shower, they'll be back at 9pm"

"Ok" I walked up to Percy and put my arms around his shoulders bending down from behind him. I kissed him on the cheek and he put his left hand on my hands. All of a sudden, Percy grabbed my right hand with his right hand and pulled me around the chair. I let out a small scream from how quick the action was. Percy had pulled me with so much force that I ended up sitting on his lap, my head to his chest. I shifted a bit so I could get in a comfortable position to watch the tv.

"Aw you guys are so cute" Tyson said.

"Thank you Ty" Percy replied blushing.

"Ew" Nico stated.

"Nico I'm sure you'll find someone that you love one day" Percy said back, he was trying but I knew it wouldn't work.

"Sure, and then we can ride Pegasus together and eat rainbow cakes and go on couple dinners" Nico rolled his eyes.

"Sounds like fun to me" Percy exclaimed.

"You're gross" Nico said.

"Lighten up! Why are you always so depressed!" Tyson laughed. After a few seconds he said "I'm hungry" and he walked up to the kitchen, grabbed all the food he could in his tiny hands and started eating it on the kitchen island. I decided that I was hungry too. Getting off of Percy's lap, I walk over to the kitchen and take one of the things that Tyson has got out.

"Hey! Get your own food!" He exclaimed.

"But why would I if you have all this yummy food out here" I laughed back.

"No! Stop it!" He tried to take the cookie out of my hand but I reach up high, so that he wasn't tall enough to reach it. Tyson jumped and I caught him, spun him around and put him back down. He crossed his arms and stood there while I ate the cookie.

"Thank you" I say.

"Fine, you're welcome, you're lucky Percy likes you" He turns around and continues eating his food while I smile a Percy who was looking at Tyson and my in amusement.

"Come on Wise Girl, I want to show you something" Percy said. He stood up and walked over down a hallway.

"Ok Seaweed Brain" I follow Percy's trail and the last thing I hear when I leave the living room is,

"Oh my gods, they even have nicknames for each other, grosss" and you guessed it, the voice belonged to Nico.