Chapter 8: Ski Trip Comes to an End

Annabeth's POV

I wake up at 8:00 am. The ski mountain opens at 9:00 am so I have an hour to get ready. It is the first morning after Dylan and his family got here. I go to my bathroom to get ready. I start to wet my brush when the cabinet door opens. Dylan comes out of it and closes the door. 

"What were you doing in the cabinet?" I asked curiously. 

"That's my room. What are you doing in my bathroom?" He asked back.

"This is my bathroom. No way is this a jack and jill bathroom." (Side note: jack and jill bathrooms that have two doors, one leading to one room, the other door leading to another room.) 

"I guess it is." He just shrugs and starts brushing and so do I. It was 2 minutes of extremely weird silence. We both finish and I head back to my room to get my clothes. I lock my room door and go back to my bathroom. 

"I'm going in the shower," I told Dylan just in case if he walks in. 

"Ok." He replied.

I took a nice long shower and when I came out, the entire bathroom was piping hot. It was amazing. I had my towel around my body about to take it off when Dylan walks in. 

"Hey, Annabeth can you hurry uh- oh my gods I'm so sorry." He blushes, looking down and quickly shuts the door. That guy is such a dork. I quickly changed and rushed to my room. 

Being too close to Dylan is dangerous because I could develop feelings for him and I can't ruin what I have or don't have with Percy. I liked Percy too much and I still need to figure out our relationship. I can't let some random boy destroy all of that. 

I rushed so I could get out of the house as soon as I could before Karen stopped me and wanted our families to ski together. I ran downstairs, ate breakfast quickly and ran out the door. 

"Annabeth, wait!" Dylan shouted behind me but I was already out of the house heading for the main ski mountain. 

*Timelapse to Jan 2nd, Jan 3rd is when the winter holiday break ends.*  

I begged my dad for us to leave early. I told him that if I don't go to school tomorrow then I will have lots of homework due and my grades could drop to C's (I'd never let that happen but I said it to convince my dad). He eventually agreed and I quickly packed my bags. 

"Where are you going?"

"We're leaving early, I have to go to school tomorrow" I said.

"Annabeth there's something I need to do before you go." He handed me a note with his phone number on it. "Text me, hopefully we'll see each other next year." 

"Um yeah sure." I got my last clothing in my bag and went to the bathroom to get my brush and towel. 

I was walking back with my towel and brush when Dylan grabs my wrist. 

"I still have to do one thing." I look down at his hand on my wrist and then look at his face. He leans in and kisses me. I stood there for 2 seconds and it didn't feel right. The kiss felt wrong in all sorts of ways. I knew exactly of what was wrong. I just kissed someone who isn't Percy. I push him off and run to my bag. I put in my towel and brush and sling my bag over my shoulder.

"Annabeth?" 

"Don't ever come near me ever again."

"Why I-"

"No Dylan, what you just did was wrong on so many levels." I ran out of the room, a tear falling down my face. I just kissed someone who wasn't Percy. As long as I don't tell Percy he'll never find out, right? 

I run into the car and sit in the back. My car had 7 seats. Two at the front where my parents sit, two in the middle row where my brothers sit, and three in the back where I sit in the middle seat of the three. I use that space to make myself comfortable by sitting on a blanket, putting a pillow under my feet and one by my head. Then I put another fluffy blanket on top of me covering my body. I cry into the blanket but soon my parents and brothers will be coming and they will most likely ask me why I'm crying. I wipe away my tears and 2 minutes later my brothers come into the car. They make themselves comfortable and shout for my parents. Soon my parents come into the car. 

"Are you guys ready to leave. Got everything you came here with?"

"Yeah" We all say in unison. The car ride was long and I just listened to music on my phone. We finally got to our house. I unlock the door, run up to my room and sit on my bed. I change into my pajamas and go to sleep. I still can't believe what Dylan did. 

Thanks for reading! VOTE+COMMENT+FOLLOW 

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters except Dylan and his family.

What will Annabeth do once she gets back to school and sees Percy?

xoxo IceUnicorn