chapter 1

Salamualykum (Peace be upon you)! This story is not edited yet and I would love any tips on improving my writting or any ideas that you guys think is good to add to the story Jazakum Allahu khairan (May God bless you with Good)     

   I woke up to another normal day, preparing for my class at the university. There are a lot of things different about me getting ready than any other girl. Every other girl gets up and shows off her beauty more while I do the exact opposite which I am not ashamed of but rather proud of it. Of course I don't hate girls who aren't like me rather everyone has his/her own way and own reasons on doing things. I get up every morning I wear my abaya (long black dress), with black scarf, and my black niqab(face veil).  It doesn't all have to be in black but I prefer it this way. My eye color is hazel, gray mixed with green, and I have black long hair. My hair reaches down to my knees it's very smooth and shiny, and I'm short for my age. People tell me it's called fun size or cute size and I love that more than short. I'm 5 ft and 20 yrs old. I ran down the stairs all dressed and ready to leave I grabbed my lunch, because I sometimes skip breakfast, and my car keys. My car is my baby its shiny black Lamborghini that I won in a raffle by luck in a car dealer meeting which I attended with my uncle.

As I arrived to the university, like every other day 1..2..3.. Eyes on me. Niqab is not common here so many freak out or are just curious, some hate and some don't even care. I don't like the attention much but I always remind myself, it is my choice and this is who I am. Holding onto my books tight so they won't fall and I won't make a fool of myself I headed to my English class as fast as possible. Usually they say when you get into college there won't be any whore girls like in high school, but to my luck I had those girls in this class. Don't get me wrong I am not saying whore on how they dress but rather how they treat others. I saw Melissa enter the class and I murmured, oh no. "Kaaaamiiiilllaaaa," the way she says my name is AUGH annoying. " Aaahh," she said flipping her dyed blonde hair over her shoulders, " why is the devil here?" I look up politely and smiled, yes you can tell I am smiling because my eyes kind of show it, "Melissa, did you forget, I'm actually the black angel." I turned and faced the board and that second the teacher entered and the class started. It all started when our Teacher Mrs. Jackson assigned us a research report about religion.   

The next day I started this research for it was due in two days and had to be at least 5 or 6 pages long. Of course I had to ask my best friend, Google, for some details, and that's how I found this one page. It was an Islamic chat room; I'm a Muslim and never heard of a chat room being Islamic. I clicked on it and it took me too many pages which I went on the main chat room first. They talked about so many different topics about Islam and even outside Islam. It was like a group of people from all around the world getting together and chatting up with friends only from behind the screen. "Such a weird page," i thought to myself. I just sat there watching those chatters typing and writing until one addressed me with my nickname, Itzmeh.

IslamChat759 : ItzMeh r u new here?

ItzMeh : yes i am

IslamChat759 : welcome r you a bro or a sis?

ItzMeh : I am a sister alhamdulilah

ItzMeh : about the topic you guys were on......

        I gave them link about the topic they were on and how this scholar said this and so on. There were many very nice chatter and many awesome sisters. Though this one sister stood out to me we exchanged emails and from there i left it. I went back to my research and finished the draft so late for the night. As tired as I was, i still got up made wudu and prayed witr(night prayer). The feeling after prayer can never be expressed, from peaceful to easiness to everything cool and relaxing, Alhamdulilah ( all thanks to the Lord). i snuggled myself into bed and fell asleep but i woke up to a huge thud sound outside my window.

*Flashback*

"Kamila come here now," i heard my mother's stern voice. "Coming...... mom where are you? Mom....mom?" "In the kitchen, hurry Kamila." I followed my moms voice into the kitchen and found her and my 2 siblings all hiding in a corner. "Whats wrong ummi what's going on?" "Shhhh Kamila and come join your siblings, stay here ok, I'm going to see where your father is at?" "Ummi, dont leave us I'll check on father you stay here with them, they need you more." I nudged my mom back to her place next to my siblings and rushed out of the kitchen, hearing my mom calling after me to come back and let her go instead. I put my hijab on and went outside to see four strong tall guys surrounding my father. I knew it wouldn't be smart of me to call out to my father so instead, i ran inside and grabbed my fathers shotgun. I pointed it on the ground next to those men and shot. Their attention was all on me so i took that chance to speak up, "You better leave my father alone and run for your life before I try my practicing skills on you." One of them laughed thinking i was joking and said, "What can a 12 year old like you do anyways?" I pointed the gun few millimeters away from him and shot. I'm sure he felt it near him because he gulped and motioned the other men to step back. He looked at my father and said. "You were lucky this one time."  

*End of Flashback*

I shook my head to shake away the flashback and sighed.