Chapter 5

Salamualykum warhamtu Allahi wa baraktuh! May Peace be upon you. Im sorry that I'm not updating much. But I will keep trying until I'm able to update regularly. Any ideas suggestions please do share, and let me know so far if you like how this story is going. 

Hope you enjoy this chapter ^-^

__________________________________________________

*Kamila*

I'm sure he is doing it out of pity and just for my brother's sake. I rejected him once there is no way he came and asked because he's interested. 

The next few days Khattab did not bring it up but kind of hinted to me he will soon. I got up one night and prayed istkharah. Oh Allah, if he is good let it be and if he is not take him away. After i finished praying i sat down and read some Quran until fajr. I hear a knock on my door and Khattab walks in. "You awake?" "No, I'm sleep reading, " I replied sarcastically. He rolled his eyes at me, "I'm taking your car to the masjid." "Go ahead didn't I tell you, you don't have to tell me everytime. "Ye but I'm heading to Omars place after, will be gone most of day." I thought for a moment,  "Hmm, I got nothing to do outdoor today except a small errand. Go ahead and take it in sha Allah. "

*Later that day*

On my way to grocery shopping, I see few youngster harassing and robbing from an elderly woman. I tried to go on without getting involved to stay unnoticed, but as I'm passing by I couldn't take it and i turned to them, "Hey," I said stepping in front of the elderly woman and putting my hand out in front of her. The group of youngsters snickered, i probably looked very tiny to them. I glared under my niqab, "Yo guys look who is trying to be a hero, none other than a terrorist." the group all laughed. Sounded so fake and annoying to my ears. "At least the "terrorist" is actually helping and not robbing people like some low cowards." The toughest looking one between them snickered and gestured toward me to the weakest looking one between them, "Peter, she's yours." Peter came up to me cracking his knuckles with a smirk on his face. most people will feel little scared but to be honest I was a bit excited. I haven't fought in a while and need to make sure my skills are still there. As soon as Peter put his hand on my shoulder, I put my hand on his wrist and held it into place while turning around and placing my leg behind his. I turned back to place tripping him with my leg and pulling him down. It all happened so fast that Peter was recovering from what happened and the others had their jaws opened. Peter couldn't take it that he lost and got up trying punch me but I blocked and dodged every hit then then got down and tripped him with my leg. That's when the other three joined the fight. They circled me and i had to keep my eyes on all four. I have to get the two behind me down while dodging the in front of me. I got them pretty well that they gave up and started cussing me while backing out. The woman behind me started laughing and clapping her hands. "Oh my lil one, you're one tough lady," she put her hand up for a high five. I high fived her, " Of course Granny, men got to know we women can protect ourselves in emergency cases," I winked at her.

After I helped Granny carry her grocery bags to her car, on my way back, a police officer car was parked in front of the grocery store and two police officers were running my way pointing their guns in my directions yelling, "Put your hands up." I looked behind me expecting to see someone else. "Me?" I asked pointing to myself. "Yes, PUT YOUR HANDS UP," the officers standing in front of me now with their guns. I put my hands up, "Ummm, may i ask what did I do?" "Questions will be asked in the police station," said one rude officer. "Do you have any weapons on you?" asked the other. Looks like those officers abuse their power. "No." As soon as I answered the first officer came to me and pulled my wrist roughly behind my back and threw me to the ground. "Woah officer, easy, I haven't done anything to deserve this." "Shut up, what you did deserves life sentence you B****."  

No he did not just cuss me, I thought. As he handcuffed me,I plan make him apologize when I'm proved innocent from whatever is against me or make him lose his job, just he wait.  The other officer opened the back door and threw me in. At the police station I was put in a room with a female police officer, Alhamdulilah. She asked to see my face for security purposes and asked for my ID, and made me call my brother. He's so going to flip, I squeezed the phone in my hand."

*rings*

Khattab : Hello?

Me : ..... Uhhh Khattab...

Khattab : Kami? why are you calling me from an unknown number? where's your cell phone?

Me : Uhh, don't freak out okay, I'm at the police station.

Khattab : WHAT! KAMI WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DOOO?

Me : I didn't do anything just come down here

Khattab : On my way Salam

Me : walykum salam

"You're pretty," the police officer said looking at my ID and at my face. "Thanks, Officer Kate," I smiled looking at her tag name. She smiled, "You look younger than your age though." I gave her a cheeky grin, "I've been told that before." "So, do you know why you're here?" "Not at all," I shook my head. "We got a call that you hit few teenagers violently and threatened them with a weapon while they were  helping an elderly woman. My jaws dropped, "Those brats called the police?!?! Wow, like wow." She looked at me and raised her eyebrow at me. "Okay, so this is what happened," and I explained to her the actual story.

We heard a knock, I put my niqab down and the door opened, Khattab, Omar walked in, why the hell did he bring Omar with him, and to my surprise the elderly woman was with them. "Granny, you're here?" "I saw police officer drag you away so I followed you here, but oh my, it took forever to find parking spot." Granny explained the story to them and told them if they want more evidence to check the cameras in front of the store. "Officer Kate, can I speak to the officer that brought me here?" She called both of them and I pointed it the one I wanted to speak to.

"I'm going to give you two options in front of Officer Kate. You violated my rights as a human being. You arrested me violently and threw me like I've murdered the president and cussed me as I'm the most dirtiest person on earth." "I was told you had a weapon on you and you were being violent." "That's not an excuse an Officer uses. You had to check me if I had any weapon and actually check if what you are told is correct. Anyways, I plan to sue you for that treatment, and the cameras of that grocery store will be my witness." He looked at me shocked unable to say anything. "Okay, I'm done here, thank you Officer Kate." As I was walking out, he called out to me, "Wait!" I turned to him, "Is there anyway you can forgive me?" "One condition, you sincerely apologize and you never abuse your power. You may have acted like that because of how the media created an image of 'terrorist' to the world about us, Muslims." He nodded, " I was rash, I apologize." I smiled from under my niqab, "You saved me the time to sue you," I joked and the officers laughed.