Chapter 7

Salamualykum (May Peace be upon you), So sorry for updating so late. Been going through alot and it's midterms weeks but I had to upload this chapter. Please, Please, would appreciate your thoughts, Ideas, overall what you think, and how you like this story is heading so far. Hope you enjoy and if there is any mistakes sorry I haven't had the chance to edit. ^-^

_____________________________________________________________________

~ Recap end of last chapter ~

I crossed my arm and glared at him and that only made it worse for he smirked more. I just dropped my arms to my side and sat down. This is the most awkward wedding night in the history, like seriously all he said was his salams when he first came in augh. While I was lost in my thoughts, I realized he was standing right next to me now and taking a seat beside me. Ya Allah, now what? He took my hand into his and it covered it completely, then he put his finger under my chin and raised my head up until my eyes met his. My heart was pounding so fast, but his next words ruined the moment. "You're face is so red." I glared at him and looked down again and he started laughing. "Hey look at me." I shook my head no, "Kamila," surprised since this is his first time saying my name I looked up and saw the most beautiful, handsome, brightest smile ever. Yes it is a smile now, the smirk was gone. That was the moment when I knew the real meaning behind my heart skipped a few beats.

________________________________________________

Few Days Later.....

*Kamila*

"Kamiiiiiiiiiiiiii," I roll my eyes as I hear my brother call me. I walk to the living room my arms on my hips with a stern look, " Na'am (What\Yes?)" "Your husband wants a cup of tea." I raise one eyebrow at my brother and glare, and he only gives me the innocent look back. Then I hear Omar laugh, "I'd love some tea, Kami," he imitated my brother saying my name. I glared at my brother one last time and left to put the kettle on the stove. As I started preparing something for them to enjoy with the tea, I knew my brother doesn't have much time to stay. He'll be leaving any day now, which is why he's staying with us in the spare room. I want to spend as much time with him as possible since we can never be sure if we'll ever get the chance to see each other again. The whistle of the boiling kettle brought me back to reality, I wiped my tears and served them the tea. I got to our room and fell into tears, my heart aching every time I'm reminded of this. I may never get the chance to see my whole family together ever. Ya Allah, I clutch the blanket on the bed while I was seated on the floor next to it crying my eyes out. Barely a minute passed and Omar was in the room, on the floor next to me, "Kam, what's wrong? What happened? Did anyone do anything to you?" I looked at him and he had a very worried expression, I shook my head then placed it on his shoulder. He hugged me closer, and pushed the few strands of hair that fell from my braid out of my face. "Kami, are you going to tell me?" he whispered. "Promise to never leave me," I whispered back in between tears. "I promise, I'm not going anywhere Kamila." After I calmed down, I kind of guessed he knew what I was crying about but how did he know I was in here crying. "Omar?" "Hmmm?" he looked at me. "Did you come to the room to get something?" "No, your eyes were a bit red when you served us tea so I knew something wasn't right." Oh my Lord this man only been married to me for like a week and he has me memorized like an open book. I went up to him and hugged him, I love him but I know our feelings aren't mutual. He married me out of duty, my heart ached at that. He pulled back from the hug and gave me the most handsome smile, "Khattab is in living room, we can't leave him alone for too long right?" I nodded, "I'm going take a shower then come out, you can go ahead." He nodded and gave me a peck on forehead and one last smile before he left the room. I thank Allah for such an amazing man.

One Month after wedding ~

*Khattab*

I can't believe I'm already leaving. I wish I can spend more time with Kami, for who knows what'll happen. I threw the shirt I was folding to pack away and sighed. I know Omar will take good care of her but I can see the pain in her eyes knowing I'm leaving but she still acts strong. She grew up too fast, I sighed and realized my eyes blurred. Okay enough negative thoughts, I blew out more air to calm down. I need to go find father, I don't believe the news Kami got and I need to make sure mom and lil ones are okay. Oh man only if we knew who was behind all this I would of went straight to him and killed him with my own hands. He ruined our family completely. I shook my head once again and got up to finish packing.