Chapter 4

Salamualykum warhamtu Allahi wa baraktuh! Sorry for the short chapter. I will try writing more in sha Allah, either way hope you enjoy it and please comment any suggestions or just your thoughts. Would love to hear them.

Jazakum Allahu khairan & Enjoy

________________________________________________________

*Omar*

I arrived at Khattab's place and honked once letting him now I arrived. "salamualykum," Khattab greeted me as he entered the car. "Walykumsalam, sup?"  "Not much," he nodded. We held a conversation until we got there, and we went out for dinner after that.

*Kamila*

Khattab came home around 7ish in the evening and brought me some sushi for dinner. We had another sibling's day just talking and watching movies until we knocked out on the couch. I woke up to the adhan for Fajr going off on my phone, I nudged Khattab and went made wudu. I came back and Khattab headed to the bathroom, we got ready and headed to the masjid to pray. After prayer we headed back to my old town to drop him off at Omar's place. "Don't forget uncle's family is coming over later tonight and staying over for the weekend, don't be late." Khattab kept nodding typing off on his new phone. "Are you even listening?" I just got more nodding as a response. "You're an idiot." He nods then stops and looks at me "What? That's not nice Kami, not nice at all kid." "I'm not a kid and glad to know you're finally listening," I replied while rolling my eyes at him. "Soooo," Khattab started saying but kept dragging it. "Yes?" "You're 21 now." I parked and looked at him, "and?" "You're getting old," he smirked and started laughing when I punched him. "Oh, please Khattab like you're the one to talk you 24 yr old man."

*Omar*

After I got home from Fajr my phone signaled I got a message

On my way!

-Khattab

Ok

-Me

-.-

-Khattab

What

-Me

Nothin bro just trying out faces lol

-Khattab

Wow bro wow

-Me

And for the next 30 minutes or so I kept receiving random faces from Khattab and getting fed up with it begging him to stop. Then finally

Im outside

-Khattab

Coming 

-Me

I headed out the door and saw Khattab laughing his head off as he got out of the car. "I'll let you know when to come and pick me up," he told his sister. "Anytime before uncle gets here which means before 5," Kamila replied. I just stood couple feet away awkwardly waiting for Khattab. "I'll have Omar drop me off so you can be there in case they arrive early," he turned his head toward me, "Is that fine with you bro?" "Ye, in sha Allah," I nodded. He said salam to his sister and she drove off. He came up to me patted me on my back, "So Omar, Yallah Nimshi?" I gave him the 'what the hell look', for he always teases me and speaks in arabic because I don't understand. My family only knows a few words that we use often. He laughed, "Yallah let's go." I noted that word in my head just in case he uses it again. We headed to my car and off to our plans for the day.

*Khattab*

It was around 6 pm and Kam had been texting me to hurry for uncles family have arrived about half an hour ago. We were parked outside the apartment now, so I invited Omar in. "No it's okay, maybe another time." "Dude you're going to miss out on some amazing food my sister made." "I don't want to get between your family time another time in sha Allah." Khattab shook his head, "Na man, the men and women are separated either way, aunty is in a room with her daughter and I'm in another with my cousin, and my uncle goes back and forth between us." I convinced him to come in and we had a blast alhamdulilah.

---- 2 month later ---

*Khattab*

We were at the Islamic center at the old town volunteering for couple days at a conference . I opened up my full packed lunch Kami packed for me. "Omar, come have some with me. My sister packed so much." "This is so good, where did you buy it from?" "My sister made it." "Really?" Omar perked up when I mentioned Kami. "Hey man, I'm going to be straight up with you. Why does your face lighten up on the mention of my sister?" "I don't," Omar denied it completely. I gave him the 'I don't believe you' look. Omar mumbled something, "What?" "She rejected me once Khattab." "But you're interested?" "Well it's rare to see niqabis around so she caught my attention. She's so fierce too and admirable." I laughed and nodded, that's my lil sis. Omar told me about the incident when he asked her. I got home and the smell of dinner greeted me. I will miss this warmness and smell when I leave, and mostly I'll miss my sister's smile. After we had dinner I didn't know how to open up this topic with my sister, "Sooo, Kam." "Just spit it out Khattab. I saw fidgeting all night your mouth full of words, just spill it." "You interested in marrying Omar?" I asked straight to the point. "Why do you even ask, I already rejected him once, I'm sure he's not interested after that incident." I ignored her babbling. "You know I'm leaving as soon as I have everything under control?" "So, you're going to force your friend to marry me out of pity?" What the hell she's thinking, "No, he asked for your hand." "Khattab, he probably did it out of pity and for your sake." I was just going to go along with what she thinks, this will be fun when she finds out its otherwise. "So what Kam, at least I know you're safe and under someone I trusts protection." "But Khattab,..." "No buts Kam," I cut her off. "If you don't I'll find you a suitor because I won't be comfortable knowing you're alone again." "Fine," she huffed and crossed her arms, "Give me a few days to think about it and pray istikharah." I nodded and got up and got ready to call it a night.