threading

"Kaurvaki. Kaurvaki!"

She spun around.

"How do you even remember my name?!"

Ashok gave an unreadable expression. "I never forget something."

She was about to say more, but he gestured behind her.

"Kaurvaki!"

This time, the voice belonged to another. She turned to see a group of fishermen approaching them with filled baskets.

"Greetings Uncle", Kaurvaki said.

They noticed Ashok. "There you are boy! Where have you gone? And what has happened here?"

Ashok viewed then emotionlessly as they threw upon question after question.

He still wasn't answering, so kaurvaki decided to speak before it became awkward.

"He aperently got stuck in quicksand Uncle. I spotted him at the monestery when delivering the woven baskets."

They nodded in great concern, and one Uncle was even so nice as to pause his work and accompany them back to the shore.

Kaurvaki was grateful for that. The uncle's mindless chattering drained out the stony silence that would've been present otherwise.

Jagathnath was already prepared to give her a good scolding for coming so late, but the entire story of Ashok's quicksand incident saved her. Though kaurvaki still dreaded if Ashok would tell her father about her frequent visits to the monestery.

Jagathnath patted Ashok's shoulder lightly, though surprisingly he didn't wince even a bit.

"We were all worried my boy."

Something dishes in Ashok's eyes, but kaurvaki couldn't be sure of it, as it didn't remain so long.

"I appreciate it sir.", he said though it came out sounding emotionless.

"Good thing kaurvaki went to deliver the baskets today."

Ashok glanced at kaurvaki. She tried to keep her face neutral, but he was smart at noticing the dread on her eyes. 
It was a personal matter between father and daughter that he had no care for, but only if it weren't for the fact that he sensed something. This girl obviously was a wanderer. Perhaps he would be able to find what he seeked.

"Sir", he said glaring at kaurvaki. "There was something I thought I should share with you".

Kaurvaki stiffened.

"What is it?", jagathnath asked.

Ashok gave kaurvaki an expectant look. He left her with no option.