| Chapter Fourteen | Hurting Sky

Like the title?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's hard to ask someone about
their pain, but it's just as hard to share
your own with someone else."
~Prince Noctis Caelum~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam woke up feeling better, he moved to his side, he felt stronger then what he has in the past few days. He sat up slowly, he looks at Seto's bed, expecting for him to be there, but he isn't. He slips on his sneakers and grabs his jacket, amulet, and sunglasses, he puts on his sunglasses, feeling his achey eyes dull in pain slowly. He leaves the infirmary, almost bumping into Statilia.

"Sky!" She said in surprise. She takes a step back.

"Oh, hey. Where is everyone?" Sky asks.

"I was just about to come wake you up. They are in the great hall, come on. I bet you're hungry after everything that has happened." She said. Sky follows her down the hall. Sky slips on his jacket, his eyes looking around.

"So, the only reason you joined the Sky Army was for Ty, right?" Sky asks. Statilia looks behind her and stops. She turns towards him.

"Commander....my mission was to get you but after I found out about Tobias being there I...but yeah. Sorry I can't be a recruit, I mean, the base is a cool place but it isn't where I should be." Statilia said. Sky nods, not looking at her.

"I get it. You could have just told me, you didn't have to become a recruit." Sky said.

"I was going off the rumors I heard about you and thought you would be easier on me if I was one. But meeting you I...those rumors aren't true. And I won't be going back to the base at all, sorry but I'm needed here." Statilia said. Sky nods.

"It's fine, Statilia." Sky said. Statilia lifted her hand up a little to touch his hand but stops herself.

"We can still be friends, I liked hanging out with you and the trip to Verane..well before the whole stomach cutting open thing," Statilia said. Sky smiles a little, his eyes flicker to hers.

"You aren't so bad yourself. A little overprotective, but ain't that bad. And yeah, I would like being friends." Sky said. Statilia smiled, they both go into the great hall. Sky looks around seeing loads of people eating, some sitting on the floor and some standing. Kids playing and they all look weary. Sky looks over at the back of the room seeing his friends and the princess. Statilia follows his eyes.

"Are you hungry?" She asks. Adam shakes his head.

"No. I'm fine. I'm gonna go talk to Ty." Sky said. She nods before he walks away. Sky looked at him seeing she is talking to other people, his expression dims down. He looks ahead, staring at the floor. 'Why did I...stupid..like usual...' He thought to himself.  Sky walks up beside Jason, Asthie is hugging his leg, laughing. Sky smiles and looks at Jason.

"I think you have something on your leg." Sky said. Jason turns around.

"Sky! You're awake, and yeah, I do. She's been clinging to me. But how are you feeling? Any better?" He asks.

"I feel okay," Sky said. Ty goes past Jason and suddenly hugs Sky. Sky takes a step back.

"Don't do that to me, I thought you were gonna die," Ty said. Ty lets go of him. Sky looks around.