| Chapter Twelve | The Magi Family Investigation

Extra long chapter for you all today. Only because I don't know where to break it in half, so you just gonna have to deal

Word Count: 4301

Reminder: bolded words means talking in dragon tongue

"How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Seto got back, he walked in on Brice in the library, looking for something.

"Hey, Brice. What are you looking for?" Seto asks. Brice looks at Seto. He smiles a little.

"Oh hey. When did you get back?" He asks.

"Just now," Seto said walking beside him. Seto looks at the book in Brice's hands. He fidgets with his sleeves, staring at the title. 'Magic circles...and he's open to a dark arts spell..' Seto thought. "Magic circles...can I ask why?" Brice looks at the book. Seto points at the circle. "That's a dark arts magic circle..."

"It is? I can't read your sorcerer language. Cassandra has been helping me, the Magic Council wanted me to look here for any clues about an investigation of theirs. They know the Sky Army Library has a bunch of books on magic and creatures and stuff—"

"What's the investigation?" Seto asks interrupting Brice. Brice closes the book and puts it in a bag.

"One of the investigators on the Magic Council found a book that is connected to Vincent Magi," Brice said. Seto's eyes widen slightly as Brice looks at a notebook. "Here, look. They gave me a copy of their notes and stuff." Seto took it, he looks at it.

"T-This is just the copy?" Seto asks. Brice nods. 'Damn..I want the original to burn.' Seto thought.

"You okay?" Brice asks. Seto nods.

"Yeah, it's just...Vince Magi, he's involved in some pretty dark stuff." Seto said fidgeting with the notes. Brice looks at Seto.

"He's dead, Seto. The whole Magi family is dead." Brice said. Seto looks at the notes. 'I didn't think they were this far into the investigation. And if Brice is using my books than...oh no. Wait, I wrote in some of those books that have dark arts spells on it.' Seto thought. Seto looks at the shelves.

"So how many books are you taking to the Council?" Seto asks. Brice shrugs his shoulders.

"A fair few. Some of them have written to them with information that would help greatly. By the way, did you do that?" Brice asks. Seto shakes his head.

"N-Nope, they were like that," Seto lied. Seto gives Brice back the notes, wanting to keep them but can't. Brice puts them in a bag and the magic circles book in the bag as well. Seto eyes the bag, staring at it. 'There have to be at least four or five books in that bag. And that Magic Circle book is enough evidence for the Council to suspect me alone. But with more books, I won't have a lot of leeway or a way to escape their suspicions.' Seto thought. Seto looks at Brice, Brice puts the bag over his shoulder. Seto fidgets with his sleeve more.
"I have to go, but I'm glad I got to see you before I have to go back. Bye, Seto." Brice said. Brice walks pass Seto, Seto turns around, he put his hand up towards Brice, his eyes glowing. He didn't say anything, he just stared at Brice as he left. He lowers his arm.