| Chapter Five | Dragon Wings

I would just like to say that the fact this story already have over 1,000 reads and over 130 votes is like..amazing. Thanks so much for the support for this book, this series actually! It is gonna be a great series, I have a lot in store for you all to enjoy! But I'm gonna stop talking, enjoy the chapter! :)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Jason broke off from the rest of the pact. A group of recruits lead by Ian and Mitch are heading towards Verane. Jason is going to get Cassandra for Seto. He stops his horse by her and she looks at him. He sticks his hand out to her.

"Jason? What are you--"

"Questions later, Seto needs your healing magic. He needs it now." Jason said. Cassandra takes his hand, he pulls her up and behind him. She puts her arms around his waist before he turns his horse around, digging his heels into his horse's side making him get into a gallop slowly. Cassandra puts her chin on Jason's shoulder, wondering if she should have told Jason to get Brice, but the fact Jason seems to be in a hurry, scares her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they finally got there, Cassandra thought she may faint herself. The dark energy in the air was making her nauseous and it's the energy that she knows exactly what Seto did. 'Seto you idiot. Doing that magic after so long could kill you..and you promised.' She thought. She ran into the infirmary, she assumed that Seto would have his own room. Especially since he isn't in the main infirmary ward. She didn't bother stopping to hear what they said, she knew what to do and she wonders what happened to drove him to do this. She went inside where she almost collapsed if Jerome didn't hold her steady.

"They don't know what happened. They can't find a cure, you have to do something." Jerome said. She looks at Seto, her eyes widening. She walks over beside the bed, not looking at the others.

"Get out, you can't be in here when I do this." She said.

"But--"

"I know what he did, and I know how to fix him. Just please leave." Cassandra said. They hesitated at first, but they left. She grabs the blanket and takes it off him. "Seto, sit up now." Seto opens his eyes. She grabs his arms, pushing his sleeves up revealing glowing red runes that are burnt on his skin. "Are you trying to kill yourself, Seto?" He sits up, groaning as he puts his hand on his head.

"Can...Can you please...do the spell?" Seto groaned. She sits on the bed, beside him. She raises her hands up to him, touching his chest and arm as she mumbled a spell under her breath. Her hands glowed pink and Seto smiles a little feeling his strength returning. The runes faded back to their original black color. She lowers her hands. "Thanks.."

"You promised me you would--"

"I know. I'm sorry. It was all that I could think of, you know I'm not that person anymore." Seto said. He looks at her seeing she is upset. His eyes soften, his hand moves her hair from her face and behind her ear. "Cassie...I'm sorry if I scared you, I just wasn't thinking clearly. Ty was possessed with dark energy, it messed with my head. I-I thought I could handle it if I took it out of him, but I'm out of practice it seems."

"You're lucky you didn't die, you idiot. I can't keep healing you every time you use dark magic. You promised me no more dark magic. You know better than me what it can do to someone. This is the second time--"