chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Jer." I whispered as we appraoched our front door. When we got outside i stopped and pulled him too me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and sighed. "I love you, Jer."

He kissed the top of my head. "Love ya too, Lils."

Jeremy pulled away and opened the front door, just as we were about to walk in someone screamed. The scream madde me jump and let our my own scream by accident. The door opened all the way to reveal Elena, Caroline and Bonnie.

"What the hell?" Jeremy asked walking in. Just as i was about to follow, Bonnie came jogging out ignoring Elena's calls.

"Bonnie?" I called after her as she ran down the porch. She froze in her place and pivited to face me. She smiled up at me.

"You look the same."She said as she looked me up and down.

I frowned at her. "What kind of changed did you expect in a few hours?"

Her smile fanished and her eyes saddened as she watched me. "I'm sorry." She breathed before she turned and ran. I watched her as she dissapeared before walking into the house.

"I'm outta here." Caroline said as she grabbed her bag and literally ran from the house. I faced Elena and raised and eyebrow. "Wow, you sure know how to clear a room." I joked as Jeremy walked upstairs.

Elena didnt smile, she seemed panicked.

"Whats wrong?" I asked stepping closer.

She ignored me and pulled her phone out.

"Stefan? Its Bonnie. Emily is possessing her. She, er, she said something."

Wait, that wasnt Bonnie? So how did she know my name? I could feel myself freaking out. She knew me. She knew who i was.

I was pulled from my thoughts litterally as Elena yanked me out the door and too her car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as i held the dashboard. I didnt know Elena could speed until now.

"Old fells church."

We got there as fast as we could with Elena explain what was going on, or everything she knew about. When we arrived at the scene i was shocked. I heard Bonnie was a witch but seeing her use that power was incredible. The circle of flames grew higher as Damon stepped closer. I knew that, that wasnt Bonnie at the moment but i still didnt like how Damon was galring at her with so much hatred.

"27 Vampires, Damon. They were Vampire! You cant just bring them back!" Stefan shouted over the roaring of flames from the other side of the clearing.

Damon turned to glare at his brother. "This town deserves it."

Stefan shook his head in disbelief. "You're blaming innocent people for something that happened 145 years ago."

Damons eyes narrowed and his eyes darkened. "There is nothing innocent about these people, and dont think for a second it wont happen again. They already know too much, " Damon paused and faced Emily/Bonnie. "And they'll burn you little grandwitch right next to us when they find out. Trust me."

Damon took a step closer and so did i . I knew something bad was about to happen to Bonnie and could let it. I kept edging forward, closer to Bonnies/Emilys back. The flames burned brighter as Bonnie/Emily held the crystal in both hands. She looked Damon in the eyes with her apologetic ones.

"Things are different now."

Damon looked distraught as he knew what was about to happen. he took a small step closer. "Dont do this, please." he begged. But Emily/Bonnie ignored him as she got ready. "I cant free them. I wont."

She threw the crystal into the air. "Incendia!"she cried and the crystal exploded into tiny bits. As soon as the crystal was no more the ring of fire diminished and i watched as Damon's eyes changed. His eyes darkened to a bright red and the all too familiar black and purple veins appeared under his eyes. He growled and bared his elongated fangs at bonnie.

My brain didnt have time to figure out what was happening before my body started rushing forward. My hands connected with Bonnies back and i shoved her out of the way, just in time for her to miss Damon. I wasnt so lucky.

"Lillie!" people cried as Damons teeth tore into my throat, gulping hungrily. His anger blinding him of who his victim was he continued to drinnk from me. I couldnt feel my self draining away. My life leaving my body.Images of the night with Vicki in the graveyard played in my mind. The pictures of my dead friends showed and i almost welcomed the oncoming darkness. The darkness was seeping closer and closer. My eyes getting heavier, begging to be shut, so i gave them waht they wanted. I let my eyelids droop closed and embraced the black nothingness. I couldnt feel anything anymore. I wasnt sure if Damon had stopped feeeding or not, i couldnt feel him but that could have just been my body welcoming death.

"Lillie!" I heard my name but the voice sounded so far away, like the distant ecko from a cave and getting further and further away untill it was silent.

And then everything stopped. It was peaceful, there was no noise, no pain, no nothing, and i felt content.