"Thanks for everything, today. I'll see you tomorrow at the car wash, you signed me up for without my permission." I scolded. I opened the door and got out, slamming it shut behind me.

I walked up to the front door and waved as Bonnie drove of down the road, disappearing from sight.

I opened the door.

"Heylooooo. Anyoooone home?" I sang as i hung my coat up and slid my muddy shoes off."

"I'm the kitchen." Elena shouted from down the hall. When I rounded the corner I was shocked to see Elena and Stefan cooking. I couldn't help the small smirk that grew on my face.

"Awww, look who's all back together." I cooed, leaning against the door frame. Elena smiled lightly and blushed.

"Yeah, well." Was all she could muster up in response. I grinned.

"Sooooooo. Diner date, huh?" I asked, winking at them both. Stefan smiled over at me and Elena carried on chopping. "Careful, don't wanna lose one of your finger now, Elena." I teased. I glanced over at Stefan. "She can't cook." I loudly whispered. And before i knew it, a carrot piece hit me in the face.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, holding a hand to my forehead. "That was a waste of Carrot." i said playfully.

"It would have only been a waste if i missed." She retorted. Stefan smiled at our sibling bickering.

"Sooo. I'm going to leave you two to your date." I assured backing away slowly. "Have fun. But not too much fun!" I teased before running up stairs before i got pelted my carrot pieces.

"No friend discounts. No freebies. No pay ya laters. We are not running a charity here." Caroline rambled on as she instructed us on what we can and can not do. "You got it?" She asked and I nodded. She eyed my outfit for a second then swiftly pulled down my hoodie zip, sliding it off my shoulders and over the chair next to her. She looked me up and down before smiling. "There!" She exclaimed. "Now you look sexy." She started walking away and then turned to me. "Watch the money Gilbert." She demanded. I laughed as she strutted over to Tiki.

Never in my life have i ever been soo bored. Counting money really isn't classed as fun around here...or well anywhere to be honest. I lent my elbows on the table and placed my chin on the palms my hand as Elena came over.

"Hey." She said.

"Sup?"

"Have you seen Caroline? I think she's bailed" She asked puzzled, looking around at all the faces of students from school, not finding Caroline anywhere in the crowd. I noticed Elena's gaze freeze somewhere.

"I'll be back in a second." She mumbled. I watched as she walked over to an old black guy. He seemed confused about whatever they were talking about but he nodded away with what Elena seemed to be saying.

Elena made her way back over here with a frown on her face. "Whats wrong?"

"Do you think you can find someone else to cover this for you. I need you to come with me." She asked anxiously looking around us.

"Elena. What's that rush?" I complained as she tried pulling my arm out the socket. She stopped suddenly and I walked straight into her back. "You have to stop doing that!" I hissed rubbing my arm and stomach.

"Is he enough in your good graces that I can ask him for a favor?" Elena asked politely to Jenna. Logan turned to Jenna as well.

"If I do her a favor, will i get back in your good graces?" he proposed. Jenna looked conflicted.

"Uh, a very reluctant maybe to both."

Logan turned to us and smiled. "What do you need?"

"Do you have access to old news stories, say, fifties?" She hesitantly asked. He gave her a weird look but nodded.

"Yeah, at the station. Between the ariveses and internet, we pretty much have everything." He replied casually.

"Well, Lillie has this report that she missed out on when she was awa-" "What n-" Elena Elbowed me in the ribs painfully and carried on. " and you would be a lifesaver if you could help her out."

I winced in pain as I pushed against my ribs and glared daggers at the back of Elena's head.

"I'm just heading there now. Let's go, you two." Logan said, opening the back door to his van for us to get in. I climbed in and sat down getting comfortable, Elena stopped at the door.

"If anyone asks, you don't know where I went. I don't want Caroline to know that I left." Jenna nodded and walked off.

"We digitized all our archives last year. You can pull all the remote footage right up on-screen. What is it you're looking for?" Logan asked as he showed me and Elena how to used the high technology sitting in front of us.

"An incident from 1953, if it even happened- At the old Salvatore boarding house." Elena replied. I tilted my head to look at her. "What?" I mouthed to her behind Logan's back, she looked away and focused on the screen in front.

"OKay, you'll find everything you need on here. just search what you want and it should come up. If it doesn't Brady down the hall will be able to help. I'm sorry, gotta run."

As soon as Logan had left i turned to Elena.

"Why are you interested about Stefan old house?" I questioned.

"Because I think I'm about to find out what his secret is." She sighed and started to type.

"Elena. He'll tell you when he's ready."

"I know. I know. It's just that this guy said he recognized Stefan."

"People recognize people all the time."

"Yeah, but he said he saw him in 1953!"