Going back

They were heading to the Forest of Birds. Ruby's day was off to a not so great start. They might have not encountered any enemies yet but Ruby was struggling to understand her heart. It was just so confusing!

It all started that morning. Ruby fell of the bed flat on her face. She grimaced and turned on her back, and found a horrified Leah. "Why were you on my bed!?" she gave her a disgusted look. "You pulled me into your bed!" Ruby uncharacteristically raised her voice. Ruby was shocked to see herself like that. She never raised her voice at anyone before. "I did not!"
"You did too while you were asleep. You were crying and asking for your onee chan, I gave you a hug and you pulled me in!" Ruby explained, sitting up looking right into Leah's cold purple eyes. Leah blushed. "I did not do that." Leah glared at Ruby. Surprisingly Ruby didn't even flinch. "Anyway I was worried about my sister who would most probably defeated the dragon before anyone else could. Can your sister do that?" Leah sneered.

Ruby felt something burn within her. It was fiery hot like a flame. It wasn't the flame she used to fight. It was anger. "No, but she is so strong that she could defeat a giant all my herself. Can your sister do that?" Ruby blurted and growled slightly shocking the other girl. Leah returned to her normal self before retorting, "No, but she can do a back flip. Can your' s"
"No, but she can can play the koto and dance so good she could teach it."
"How's that going to help?"
"When it comes to lulling dragons to sleep and distracting the enemy it works."
"What's wrong with you all of a sudden?" Leah gave Ruby a questioning look. "You were so timid yesterday."
"Pigii" Ruby realized what she was saying all this time. 'I messed up... really bad. Ruby to your Rubesty to fix it!'
"Y-you really love your sister." Ruby said trying to bring everything back to normal. "Yeah... I do. You seem to like your sister too."

Ruby nodded. With that silence took over the cottage. It was a awkward silence. The two stared at each other awkwardly. 'What do I do...' Ruby thought. At the time Rin and Hanayo had gone to bring the substitute ruler to the cottage. Well that's what Ruby thought. Actually they were standing outside watching the two fight with the substitute. "Reminds you of Maki chan and Nico chan doesn't it nya?"
"Yes Rin chan just that they don't fight for everything." Hanayo replied. "Let's help them nya!" Rin said her eye sparking. "Rin chan we can't force them." Hanayo chided. "Aww... sorry Kayo chin." Rin said with guilt. "Rin chan don't feel sad. We can help them a bit later."
"Yay!" Rin said excited. "I'll call Honoka chan to help."

The two entered the house with the substitute. Leah looked at them puzzled at the substitute and Ruby turned her head to their direction swiftly. "We're back with the sub nya!" Ruby and Leah gave them weird looks. "The substitute is a-" Leah was completed by Ruby, "Alpaca."

The two had varied opinions and expressions after a moment of silence. "So cute!" Ruby got up and hugged the alpaca who was standing beside Hanayo. "Ahhh, so soft..." Ruby said as she felt like she was going to melt into the white fluffy fur of the alpaca. "I know right!" Hanayo said petting the alpacas neck. Leah looked at the Alpaca wondering how was it going to rule the kingdom. 'Were those two crazy?'

"How is that going to rule the kingdom?" Leah pointed at the Alpaca. Hanayo gasped. "Don't underestimate him." Hanayo hugged the Alpaca on the other side. "H-hai." Leah raised her hands in surrender.

"Alright everyone let's go!" Rin said energetically and ran outside the door. "Ah Rin chan wait for up!" Hanayo said. "Be a good boy alright." Hanayo patted the alpaca before turning to them. "Both of you come fast." Hanayo said as she picked up her staff that was laying beside the door. Ruby released the alpaca, petted it, and picked up the bag that was on her bed that Hanayo packed for them. The bag was full of supplies and Ruby's broken quarterstaff hung from the inside. "C'mon Leah chan let's do our Rubesty." Ruby gave Leah a hand. 'Why did I say Leah chan?', Leah hummed in response and took her hand and jumped off the bed.