Alive

Ruby woke up. She was sure she died. She was certain that in the world of the living her gravestone would have the words 'fell off a cliff, fighting' on it, though she was't sure about the fighting part of it. She was sure she was in heaven. This thought surprisingly made her a bit calm due to which she wasn't so worried about where she was.

Now here she was in a warm room. The room looked as if it was in a cottage. In front of the comfy bed she was laying on, across the room, was a fireplace where a fire was burning lighting up the room and spreading warmth all over. Close by that were two chairs and in the corner of the room was a table. Beside the bed she was laying on was the girl she fought with. She was still unconscious. 'What was her name? Was it Leah?' Ruby thought as she glanced at the girl. Ruby had never seen a girl as beautiful as her. Her purple hair that was in the same hair style as her, now disheveled. Her face was covered with a few bruises but yet she looked pretty. She still looked pretty good looking in her tattered armor and robe. 'Why am I even thinking like this?' Ruby thought to herself as she face palmed. It was unlike her to feel like this. She could stare at her all day. Ruby wanted to know Leah more and get closer to her. 'she does look pretty.'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the door that she didn't notice open up with a bam. Ruby squealed in fright and hid behind the sheets. "-and then Maki chan was all angry. It was so funny nya!" the one who entered said to the person coming behind her, who had a staff in her hand. "Rin chan you shouldn't prank someone like that." the one with the staff chided. Ruby sat there confused.

The one with the staff looked at her and gave her a smile. Ruby immediately hid behind the sheets, scared. "It's alright nya. We won't hurt you nya." Rin said extending a lollipop, which came out of no where, to Ruby. Ruby hesitantly took it and popped it into her mouth. 'So good...' she thought as she tasted the strawberry flavor. "My name is Rin and this is Kayo chin nya!" 'nya?' Ruby thought. She then come to a conclusion that Rin had a verbal tic like Hanamaru but instead of "zura" she said "nya" like a cat.

 "Rin chan..." the one with the staff gave her a look before turning to Ruby. "I'm Hanayo. Rin chan calls me Kayo chin." Hanayo introduced. "Welcome to the Rice Kingdom, the neighbor to the famous Uranohoshi Kingdom and Hakodate Kingdom!" Hanayo said excited.

"I-I'm not dead?" Ruby stuttered to which Rin laughed. "No nya! We saw the two of you falling and we caught you nya. I turned into an eagle to save you and Kayo chin grew a huge plant to save your friend nya!" Rin stressed on the word huge and moved her hands as she explained what had happened.

'She isn't really my friend... but I wouldn't mind her being my friend' Ruby thought. Hanayo then spoke picking off where Rin left off. "Our friend Maki chan healed the two of you. She just left when you woke up."

They were interrupted with a cough. "Where am I!?" Leah sat up straight scared, holding a ball of ice in her hand, ready to attack. "No need to be scared nya! You are in the Rice Kingdom nya!"
"What! So I'm not dead?"

They explained the situation again, this time to Leah. "I get it. Just so you know she is not my friend." Leah pointed at Ruby, giving her a dirty look. Ruby squeaked again. "Don't be so cold nya. I'll get some warn Ramen to eat and Kayo chin some rice nya!" Rin skipped out of the room.

That left Ruby with Leah and Hanayo. There was a silence lingering in the air. It wasn't an awkward one. It felt comforting. Hanayo seemed like a nice person. Or at least that's what Ruby thought. "You both may stay as long as you like." Hanayo said with a warm smile after sometime. That's when Ruby remembered about her friends. They must be worried sick. Ruby began to panic and began to cry. The other two looked at her wondering why was the happy girl crying all of a sudden. "Onee chan..." Ruby muttered as she hugged the sheets as she sobbed into it. Ruby wondered how her sister would take the news of her falling off the cliff. Surely she wouldn't be happy and she would go on about how she shouldn't have let Ruby to become a knight. Who knows what Dia might do to know what exactly happened. Especially since she was the second one from her kingdom to supposedly die from fighting the Ice sisters.