THIRTY-FOUR.

...

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Alejandro

"Today is another day." I said to myself as I lay on my bed with my eyes closed and performed my daily inner pep talk. "You're Alejandro Bale and slay today as you always do."

It was a Saturday afternoon, yes afternoon. I woke up in the morning but went back to bed because I'm just so lazy and was so exhausted. Exams are coming and the whole school week has been so stressful physically, mentally and emotionally.

I lazily peeked an eye open only to feel the weight of a million elephants ram into me and I burst out of slumber.

"Happy birthday!" Grayson yelled at the top of voice, while he laid on the floor-I just kicked him.

"Birthday? Where?" I stammered like an imbecile, furiously glancing around.

"Yours, doofus." He sneered as he dusted his bare torso when he lifted himself from the ground. He was wearing sweatpants, colorful ribbons round his neck, a jester cap and his face had. . .confetti?

Wait, it's my birthday?

Shit, I forgot. How could I forget my own birthday? I'm such a bad person, to myself that is.

His sneer transformed into a giant grin again and he engulfed me in a hug and planted numerous kisses on my cheeks. I knew those kisses were meant to be brotherly.

"Happy birthday, bro! I love you."

"Yeah, yeah I hate you too. Can you let me go now? You reek of party."

There was a twinkle in his eyes and his smile only grew larger. "Funny you say that." And he bounced out of my room.

I knew something was off immediately I smelled him. Or maybe it's just me? Whatever it is, Grayson was just being weird like he use to be.

I neatened my Chinese silk pajamas and stepped barefooted out of my room.

Yep, something was definitely wrong. I couldn't lay my hand on it. Or maybe it's just me, again? Yes it's me. How could I forget my own birthday? Maybe it's because I've been hella stressed out these days. I still can't believe-

"Happy birthday, Alejandro!!!"

I puked my heart out and all my hair erected like a boner, like I got electrocuted by Zeus himself. Because what I was seeing was more than enough to kill me.

Every single face I've seen in school filled every nook and cranny of our gigantic living room stared at me expectantly.

Since I was still shocked speechless, they revved up music from nowhere and a party was birthed right before my eyes, right in my own house.

"You mad man, you brought a party to my house." I grabbed Grayson by the wrist-since he was shirtless so there was no collar to grab-and glared daggers into his eyes.

"Hey don't blame me-"

"Of course, I'll not blame you!" I fumed. "Now everything-"