FIVE.

ALEJANDRO IS TIRED OF LOCKERS. They are too cliche and tedious in his own perspective. His legs have to move a quarter mile to that one cursed metal box every hour just to pick a single thing. He wishes he can just use a bag to transport his stuff so that he doesn't have to walk to that vile hallway all the time and suffer more weird looks; they have been constant lately. Except his shoulders are too lazy to support even a pin.

Alejandro jumps out of his skin at the sudden sound of the locker slamming beside him; guess that's what he deserves for hating it. "The fuck, Kara!" He glares spears at the culprit who raises her hands ringed heavily with bracelets in surrender.

"Sorry sorry. I'm just giddy, that's all." She whispers, rubbing her palms together to apologize, and leaving Alejandro confused.

"And why's that?" Kara beckons down the hallway with her thumb and Alejandro follows it till his eyes meets lackluster cerulean ones.

Alejandro's breath seizes like a lagging android phone but it is only momentary. He still keeps his gaze trained on the blonde though, the latter looks like he isn't going to give up soon.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Alejandro asks. He's too much of a sour bitch to even guess he's currently coming off like weird or stalkerish to Mr. Lasso lips with the staring contest.

"He schools here, Einstein."

"Oh right. I knew that."

Grayson is conversing with his football buddies and a girl who supposedly is Layla - a curvy, square-faced redhead - clinging onto his arm like he is gonna vaporise any second. Alejandro is unable to figure out what is so special about him. To him, Grayson is like one of those relics in the museums. Beautiful but useless. He doesn't even know where the latter notion comes from. At least, he helped him to the sick bay last week.

"People just seem to adore him no matter how much of a playboy he is." Kara adds as they venture into the clamorous classroom. Words, curses and paper fly around the atmosphere like it is a battleground for the swifts against the sparrows.

"Tell me about it. Everyone in this fucked school seem to have this weird fetish for fuckers." Alejandro's lips curl into a smile on analyzing what he just said. "You get that non-Nolan-ish pun?"

"Ha ha. So funny I can barely laugh." Kara says flatly, imitating the blank Squidward face.

Biology class goes the way it has always been; trash.

"Class dismissed - wait!" Mrs. Callaghan yells and almost immediately does the whole class groan in unison like a opera concert. The bitter thing on their minds is that she is going to add to their homework. Alejandro doesn't beg to differ.

"I've decided the project might be a little too hectic to be a one-man's work. .."

A little? Bitch is kidding, right?

". . .so I'm changing it to a partnership. Since the first periodic tests of all other subjects are also going to be like that. . ."

Like a rubbernecking tidal wave, a gentle uproar dives to swallow the classroom. Boys and girls are already pairing themselves, not even waiting for Mrs. Callaghan to complete her sentence.

"Al, you're mine!" Alejandro hears Kara and Nolan yell from behind. The rest of the story consists of the both of them getting detention; a major boost to Alejandro's ego.