~40~

I'm sorry for the long wait. I really wanted to post something at the weekend, but no...
My second guinea pig decided to die. 😓

But today I got you four chapters for you now, so enjoy. 👍🏻

_________________________________

Destinee's POV

I was in the woods, early in the morning. I had pricked my finger with a needle, which hurt a bit and touched a few trees. It would be leading a trail to the clearing where the fight against the newborns would happen. I walked into the empty clearing and touched another tree. Jacob stepped up behind me.
"Do you really have to overdue it?" Jacob complained.
He didn't like it when I was hurt. Even when my finger is pricked and I did it myself.
"I want to give as much help as I can."
"Let me bandage that."
"Why? It's just a little cut. Getting a little overprotective here, huh?"
"What? You're my imprint. And what's wrong with me protecting what's mine?"
"Nothing's wrong. But I'm still not yours. At least not completely when you know what I mean."
"That makes me want to marry you right here and now", he told me, mumbling in my ear.
"Oh no big boy. We're making it officially. With a ceremony."
"Alright chief."
"Me, a chief? You're the rightful Alpha here."
He chuckled.
"Did you know that Bella and Edward are going to get married too?"
"Copier."
I laughed loudly and rolled my eyes.
"You really think they copied us?"
"Yeah, hello. I mean I get a ring and propose to you and weirdo gets a ring and proposes the same day... like I said; copying."
We walked up to the small waiting group in the center of the clearing. Edward and Jacob nodded curtly to one another. Jacob then eyed the cloudy sky. Edward did the same.
"Alice said there's a storm coming."
"Yeah, I can feel it. We should get going."
"I'll take the longer route. But I'll get there first. Set up camp."
Jacob nodded and looked at Embry. He turned to me and picked me up.
"I'll see you in a couple of hours Desti."
I waved at him before we disappeared between the trees.

Embry eyed me as he started carrying me through the woods.
"Something up?"
"A bunch of vampires trying to kill me."
Embry chuckled.
"Same old, huh... so tell me. What did Jake do to you on that 'movie night'?"
"He proposed", I said innocently.
"Finally", Embry exclaimed making me chuckle, "waited long enough for him to do that."
He now ran with me, maintining a steady jog and effortlessly carrying my weight. I held onto him as he carried me up high to the peak of the mountain.
"Seriously. How high did he choose?" I asked annoyedly.
Embry laughed.
"Leeches. Can't get enough of extraordinary things like extraordinary height and speed."
He hurried to the left side of the peak were Edward waited near a tent with Bella.
"Took you long enough", Bella hissed.
"Oh shut it leech lover", I hissed back into her face.
She looked quite taken aback. Served her damn right.
"Nice retort", Embry mumbled.
"Thank you. For carrying me", I said, "and for the praising comment."
I whispered the last thing into his ear. He nodded.
"I should get back before the storm hits. Jacob will be staying up here. He will be your connection to the pack to keep tabs on what's going on."
Edward looked down, none-too-happy but knowing that the wolf was right.
"He's not going to fight?" I asked hopefully.
"Seth will spell me in the morning", Jacob said as he came up to the campsite, "He's not happy about missing the action, but it'll keep him out of trouble."
"Oh."
I was disappointed that he wasn't up here with me when the others fight. Edward seemed to notice my disappointment.
"Let's get you inside. The storm is still on its way", he said and guided us to the tent.

Night

Snow blew sideways as the wind battered the ten. We had a small lantern burning. I was wrapped in my sleeping bag, fully dressed. But my teeth still rattled. It was just too cold to even find a thought of sleep. I didn't care about what Bella's state was right now. Currently, I had to solve my own problem and that was being frozen without the ability to get even a second of sleep.
"I should have chosen a site lower down."
"No, It's fine. I'm okay."
"What can I do?"
I snorted.
"Ap-p-p-parently n-nothing. Except for traveling back in t-t-time to choose something more lower on this m-mountain", I snapped.
The zipper to the tent was opened, revealing Jacob.
"I can't sleep with all that teeth chattering going on."
He wanted to climb into the tent. Edward stopped him by grabbing his arm.
"Forget it."
"Hey I don't want my girl to freeze to death, okay? She may need her toes. And also; I'm hotter than you will ever be."
"Y-y-you... wa-waited for the p-perfect moment t-t-t-to... say that, huh?"
He smiled at me and crawled to my side. Edward stopped him with his hand.
"Get your hands off of me, leech."
"You're thoughts are not really... well... for she's an innocent one."
"P-p-p-please. No f-f-fight."
"If she gets sick it's on you", Jacob hissed with anger.
"Fine."
Jacob crawled into my sleeping bag next to me. As soon as I felt his warmth, I turned around and crushed him in a hug.
"Oh my god. You're totally frozen! Relax. You will get warmer in a second."
He smirked.
"It would be faster if you would take your clothes off."
"Jacob", I scolded playfully.
"What? Survival one o one."
My shivering stopped as I snuggled closer to Jacob's bare chest. I felt his warmth flooding through my whole body. Jacob's eyes rested on my face as he gently stroke over my hair. He was playing different scenarios in his thoughts over and over. One of them was him standing at the altar and me walking down the aisle with my dad in a beautiful white dress with silver sparks. I smiled lightly as I saw it.
"You want to marry her?" Edward asked.
"Yeah. Got a problem with that?"
"Actually not. I know that you really love her and she loves you.
...
So when are you gonna ask her."
Just then I wrapped one arm around Jacob's neck and the other rested on his shoulder. There, Edward could catch a glimpse of the ring on my finger. It may be that I did that on purpose.
"You already did. What did she say?"
"She said yes. She wouldn't be wearing the ring if she hadn't", Jake replied in a tone that was like 'duh'.
"Why do you care so much?"
"She's my imprint if you forgot that already you dumbass."