~13~

Jessica popped a volleyball in the air, doing practice serves. Angela took a picture of her, then pointed her camera around, looking for another shot. Eric studied some fliers advertising the prom.
"Monte Carlo? That's our prom theme?" Jessica asked.
"Gambling, tuxedos and Bond. James Bond", Eric replied.
"Oh. My. God."
Angela, who had been scanning for a shot, had frozen. Jessica and Eric saw Bella and Edward arriving together.
"First Destinee and now Bella?"
All eyes on the campus were turning to them, filled with curiosity, jealousy or envy.
"Everyone's staring", Bella mumbled.
"Not that guy over... yeah, he just looks", Edward said, motioning to a boy.

Meanwhile a hunting party, Charlie included who held the leash, was tracking through the forest. The hunting party with several dogs and half a dozen armed men were moving fast.
"Guys, we got something..."
The Deputies hurried to Charlie. They gathered around a footprint. The dogs started pulling them in a certain direction. The posse took off at a sprint. They were watched by James from a distance atop a knoll. Standing next to him was Laurent. Victoria jogged up.
"They took the bait."
"By tomorrow they'll be half way to Winnipeg."
Victoria lasciviously grabbed James' shirt and pulled him to her.
"I love when men chase me."
He grinned, then started taking off her clothes. They pulled each other toward the woods with carnal lust. It barely registered with Laurent, who continued to watch the posse with concern.

Meanwhile Bella hurried toward the entrance of the coffee shop, trying to keep the joy on her face in check, with minimal success. Outside the door, she passed Mike, hanging out with several of his basketball teammates.
"Yo, Arizona. So. You and Cullen."
She shrugged, non-committal, but couldn't entirely hide a smile, as she hurried inside to Charlie's table and slid in. Destinee already sat at the table.
"Sorry I'm late. Biology project."
Cora set a top sirloin steak in front of Charlie, a vegetable bowl in front of Destinee and a plate of seafood in front of Bella.
"Ordered you the seafood combo", Charlie said.
"Order one for yourself next time. You should cut back on the steak."
"I'm healthy as a horse."
Destinee liked the humor of her adoptive dad. Cora turned to Charlie concerned.
"Say Chief, boys want to know, you find anything down by Queets River today?"
Charlie was aware of the loggers at the counter which were listening. He framed his answer carefully to keep everyone calm. Destinee listened closely.
"The suspect's moving east. Kitsap County Sheriff is taking over from here. They're putting extra guys on", he said.
"Hope they catch him fast."
'Or it', Destinee thought.
Cora moved off, with a measure of relief. Charlie and Bella passed each other the salt, butter for bread etc..
"Your friends are flagging you."
She turned to see Mike and the guys horsing around outside, straws in their noses, making faces at her. She smiled. Destinee snorted and tried the best not to bite her hand while she tried to not burst out laughing loud.
"It's okay you wanna join them. I'm just gonna turn in early anyway."
"Yeah, me, too."
"It's a Friday night. Go out. The Newton boy's got a big smile for you. Nice family, the Newtons."
"He's just a friend."
"None of the boys in town interest you?"
"We're not really going to talk about boys, are we?"
"Looks like it", Destinee mumbled.
"Just... you should be around people. I leave you alone too much."
"I've never minded being alone. Guess I'm a lot like my dad that way", Bella said with genuine affection.
Charlie smiled. Cora returned to their table.
"Berry cobbler, three forks."
She set it between them.
"So Desti, I heard about it. Next round, huh? Excited?" Cora asked Destinee.
"Yeah, totally. I hope I will get through this. I'm going to a training camp for one week."
"Wow. Good luck girl, I will cheer for you."
"Thanks Cora."
"You're leaving in two days right?"
"Yeah. I'm excited already."
Destinee was feeling a little bit uncomfortable with Bella at the same table. She cleared her throat.
"I think I should go home and pack already."
"Okay sweetie."
She kissed him on his head and jogged out. On her way home, her phone rang. It was Alice.
"Hey Alice, what's up?"
"Oh nothing much. Only that you should take the blue top with you instead of the other one."
"Huh?"
"I can see the future", Alice answered in a 'duh' tone.
"Oh, okay. Thanks."
"Why is that camp in two days already. We wanted to play baseball."
"You asked the wrong person, I don't know."
"Well, at least have fun and keep in touch. Tell us everything, how it is there and such, okay?"
"Okay Alice, I will."
"Bye."
They hung up.