~31~

Jacob stopped running in his wolf form when he arrived near Emily's house. He shifted back and dressed in shorts. The others from the pack came outside. Paul was still eating a piece of his chicken. Jacob then suddenly heard a truck pull up. He groaned annoyedly. The others looked at him. A part was confused and a part of them knew why he was appearing so annoyed. Bella got out of her truck.
"Jake."
Jacob rolled his eyes.
"Look who's back", Embry noted.
"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"
"What got into you?" Bell shot.
"You, leech lover."
The pack was surprised at what was happening, but they still snickered. Bella glared at them, but they didn't stop.
"Whats up, Bella?" Quil asked.
"Quil, you too?"
"Yep. Finally made it into the pack. Say Jake, when is Desti coming here? Maybe that will stop your inner monologue.
"'I wish she would call'."
"'I wish she wouldn't call'."
"'Maybe I should call her'."
"'Maybe I should call her and hang up'."
"Alright, you can shut up now", Jacob interrupted the mocking.
Bella looked emotionless as the guys were laughing and pushing each other. Behind them a 19 year old slender girl with cropped black hair exited. Leah saw Bella and the scowl deepened.
"Leah."
"Jacob."
"Hey. I'm really glad that your dad's okay", Bella said to Leah.
"Well it wasn't because of you. And if you're here to torture my sis some more with hanging out with Jacob, then go on."
She turned around.
"I'm going to Desti", she yelled.
Bella looked at her, taken aback. Jacob shot Leah a look, she was irrpervious. Sam and Emily exit, Sam giving her the okay and Leah abruptly moved off.
"Fun, isn't she?" Jacob said ironically.
Emily gave Bella a hug. Sam offered a short nod.
"Bella... Hi", Emily greeted, "Hey. I was wondering when we'd see your face around here again."
"Yeah, same here", Bella agreed.
"Sam, we're good?" Jacob asked.
"We're good. She won't be getting through our line anytime soon", Sam told him.
He turned to Emily to say goodbye, looking into her eyes. Their connection was deeply intimate. As Sam gently kissed her, Bella politely looked away, seeing Leah at the edge of the woods. She glanced at Sam and Emily's kiss, then abruptly fell forward before her hands hit the ground, becoming paws. Leah, now a light grey wolf then disappeared in the woods.

Destinee got on Leah's back and the wolf ran back to Emily's. There she shifted back and dressed. She noticed that her best friend was a bit depressed and in thought.
"Hey, why so depressed."
"What? Oh, just thinking. About that redheaded vampire. When I get that visions of her, I'm really scared like shit."
"Well I think that's just normal. Human blood drinking leech..."
"No, it's not that. I know her. I've met her before."
"Hold on, What do you mean? How do you know her?"
"The Cullens once played Baseball with Bella, the time I was in Phoenix for a one week camp. They met three nomads, one was James. He wanted her blood. But she tried to trick him with me being the literal blood bag. The Cullens killed James after he bit me and now I guess that's why she's after me. For revenge."
"Wait. Bella said that she is the one the redhead wants. Was that a lie?"
"She's only sealing attention. Or she wants to get rid of me without getting her hands dirty."
"That bitch. Well then, I guess we will have a pack meeting then", Leah said and howled.
"By the way,... Bella might be still here too", she warned the younger brunette, "she still was when I went to get you."
They went inside of Emily's house and waited till the pack came in.
"What's the matter, why have you howled?" Sam wanted to know.
"The redhead. Desti and her have a connection."
"What kind of?"
"Well, before I met you and weeks before the Cullens left, they were playing baseball and there were three nomads. One of them was a tracker named James and his mate was Victoria, the redhead. Weeks ago you've killed the third one, Laurent."
"Dreadlocks?"
Destinee nodded.
"During these events, I was in Phoenix for a training camp for the gymnastics competition. Bella, who was hunted by that tracker, was brought into the same hotel, I was staying at, by Alice and Jasper. She saw me and used me as a bait to get away unharmed."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Bella lied to me about her old Ballett teachers wanting to see me. She dragged me to her old Ballett school and there was the tracker. Bella tried to make a deal, that, if she would hand me out to him to drain, she would get away unharmed. Unfortunately, he didn't play with that card. And it ended up with me being bitten, broken bones and scratches. The strange thing was, that my blood fought the venom and I survived. Even my broken bones were healed again, just like yours would. Behind stayed a few bruises which healed a short time after too."
"So before you ask, what Bella told you about her being the one in danger and wanted by the redhead... it's was a lie", Leah butted in.
"You were bitten by a leech?"
"And you didn't turn into one?"
"No", Destinee whispered.
She rolled up her sleeves and turned her arm a bit. There was a crescent formed and silver shimmering scar decorating her usually flawless skin. Jacob stood up and embraced his imprint. He pressed a kiss to her forehead.
"I'm scared of these vampires."
"We will protect you, sweetie."
Jacob cupped her cheek and pressed a long and soft kiss to her lips.