Just A Shadow ~ Part 26

The next few days at school were like a breeze.

Travis was hanging out with me more since the "hangout", and I couldn't be happier.
I would sometimes go to Kawaii~Chan's house and we would make cookies, and they always came out successful!
And even a few times I'd see Lucca, that cute cat that the meifwa boy had, and it would meow and beg for my attention.

Well, everything at school was a breeze.
Home, on the other hand, wasn't so light.

He was getting stricter and stricter, and sometimes he would yell at me how I had to "pay attention, because it's the only thing I'm good for".
Every time I get home, I have to rush upstairs before him and lock myself, sliding down the door in panic and relief.
My dad, though, is amazing. Sometimes on the weekends, me and my dad would go to the kitchen at 1:00 in the morning and make waffles or pancakes and talk about things that we usually don't tell anyone.

"Dad, have you ever loved someone so out of your League?" I sighed, slumping against the counter one night as dad made pancakes with Favorite/toppings on them.

"Yes, Of course I have. She was your mother." My dad claimed, handing me the pancakes.

"But what did you do?"

"Well, we were in college. She was studying law, you know, her wanting to become a lawyer. I tried approaching her every day but backed away. Then one day I was getting coffee and your mom sat alone, so I joined her, and we became best friends, and then a couple." Dad smiled. "And look where that got us now, married and parents."

"Did the others tell you anything about dating a werewolf?"

My dad laughed a bit and cleared his throat.

"Of course they did, but there were some people that were also accepting. And we stayed like that." Dad laughed.

I snickered as I played with my food before taking bites.

Why is mom so easy to get along with, but Ein so hard to handle?