chapter fourteen

❣Mackenzie Ziegler❣

_________

It is officially lunchtime.

"I'm so hungry I can eat a horse" brynn said as we walked out of our fifth period together.

"Well that better be one hell of good horse then" we laugh as we walked to our lockers.

"So are we still on for tonight" she asked.

"Of course we are. I wouldn't miss it for the world" I said opening my locker. I shove a few of my textbooks in my locker.

"So how have you been" I asked her closing my locker shut leaning against it.

"I been great. Just miss talking to my best friend. You know?" She said.

"I know exactly what you mean. I miss you so much. There's so much that I need to tell you but I just never have time anymore" I said.

"Okay that's a lie. I actually have a lot of time on my hands" I said giggling.

"I been slightly busy but I promise I will make time for you" she said smiling.

"I promise I will make time for you too" I said I stuck my pinky finger out and so did she. I wrapped my arms hers and Shaked it.

A pair of hands went over my eyes.

"Who's there" I asked calmly.

"It's your favorite person" Johnny said in a deep voice.

"Um maddie" I said Johnny removed his hands.

"I don't sound like a girl"he said I turned around hugging him.

"No of course not"I said smiling.

"Come on everyone is waiting for us at lunch" he said I nod starting to walk. I stopped and looked at brynn.

"Hey brynn do you want to sit with me today" I asked her. She looked at Johnny which caused me to look at him. He nod. Telling her to its 'okay'.

"Sure if I'm not imposing" she said unsurely. I rolled my eyes walking over to her, grabbing her by her wrist and pulling her alone with me.

"Don't be silly brynn. You are my very best friend you are not imposing on nothing" I said letting go of her wrist. We walked to the cafeteria where everyone was. Johnny open the double doors for me and brynn. We thank him walking past him. We got in line.

I grab a piece of chocolate cake and a ham sandwich. I paid for it and walked to out to my seat.

I sat down quitely eating my lunch.

"Whoa small girl got a big apatite" Hayden said. I looked up giving him the death glare.

"Shut up"I said eating again.

"Hey we should do something tonight" Annie said. I looked up.

"Sorry I can't"I said looking at brynn.

"Why not" she asked.

"Because me and brynn has plans for tonight" I said finishing the chocolate cake.

"Okay what about tomorrow" Annie asked.

"Sure where we going" I asked.

"How about we go to the beach"Annie said.

"Sure tomorrow after school" Hayden said we nod in agreement.

"Sounds gucci to me" jayden said.

"Jayden" brandon said.

"Yeah" she said drinking her mountain dew. Yeah like she needs mountain dew.

"Don't ever say gucci again" Annie said shaking her head.

"Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang" she said over and over.

"Please stop" I groaned.

"Gucci gang" jayden again.

"Jayden!" We yelled she stop saying Gucci gang which was given me a headache.

"So who this person" lauren asked pointing to brynn.

"This is brynn one of my long time friend" Johnny said.

"Oh cool" lauren said.

"Yeah we all know but you don't" Hayden said.

"Well now she knows her" I said smiling at lauren. Johnny place a hand on my thigh.

"So have you heard about nadia" anika said.

"No what about her" Annie asked.

"Guys we shouldn't be talking about people behind their backs" I said.

"Mackenzie is right it's not nice" Johnny agreed with me.

"Whoa is the old Johnny still in there" Hayden asked.

"I'm new and improved Johnny 2.0" Johnny said looking at me. I Started to feel a blush starting to creep onto my face so I looked down.

"Anyways, I heard Nadia is trying to split Johnny and Mackenzie up" Annie said looking at me and Johnny.

"Well she can try but it's not happening" I said serious.

"Someone is overprotective" brynn muttered.

"Am not I just don't like when people touch things that are mine" I said before flipping my hair.

"So Johnny is a thing" Annie asked raising an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean" I said huffing.

"Sure because anyone can guess what you mean" anika said laughing.

"Whatever I know what I mean and I mean she not getting anywhere near Johnny" I said getting up to throw my trash away.

"Don't let Nadia ruin your day" brynn said.

"Oh I won't trust me tomorrow im going to tell her off then have fun at the beach" I said walking with brynn.

"Why not today" she asked.

"Because I want today to focus on our friendship. " I said to her. She nod and we walked to class.